Friday, September 27, 2013

Pumpkins for Cathey

Happy fall y'all - today is officially "Pumpkin Day"!

This post is dedicated my dear friend Cathey (aka Pumpkin) and her beautiful and brave blog...today is the perfect day to celebrate this amazing woman and her blogiversary! That's right, Pumpkin's friends have banded together and posted pumpkins galore...to see a complete list of all the blogs participating and the hundreds of pumpkins honoring Cathey and her blogiversary visit:
http://www.itsdaffycat.blogspot.com/....and for some great reading, make sure to visit Cathey's blog "Pumpkin Patch & Co." at: http://pumpkinpatchandco.blogspot.com/

Cathey - today I celebrate YOU - you are in my thoughts and in my heart...and I am proud to walk 60-miles for you in November!

I had a marvelous time collecting my pumpkin images for this post...a couple vintage pumpkin themed cards...a couple photos from my personal collection...and a pumpkin project from Bunny Hill Designs that I adore!

The first photo was taken at the Blank Park Zoo in Des Moines, IA...I snapped a photo of these pumpkins lining the path all around zoo - autumn is definitely a wonderful time to visit our local zoo! The second photo was taken at the Enfield Shaker Museum (Enfiled, NH) on my teaching trip last year - these itty bitty pumpkins were outside the back door and made me smile each time I entered the Great Stone Dwelling House...plus I thought they looked great with the brick and stone...



...and since this is a creative blog, I just had to post a quilting project I would LOVE to add to my stash - "Pumpkin Pie" by Bunny Hill Designs - isn't it incredible?! I just love the look of this pumpkin themed quilt, complete with blackbirds and an owl...and the polka dot border makes me happy...it is such a cheerful autumn quilt!


...and finally, here is one more vintage card...there is just something special about old postcards and images - I have collected quite a few over the years and was happy to find a couple that were all about pumpkins!


I hope you have enjoyed my collection of pumpkins...and be sure to check out all the other blog posts titled "Pumpkins for Cathey"...they just might inspire you, as much as Cathey inspires us!

4 comments:

  1. I sure enjoyed your collection! Thanks for joining in the Celebration for Cathey! I love your designs! So many to do, so little time! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete