Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Fabulous Fabric Finds

I was inspired by several fabrics and projects in my stash this afternoon....there is just something about taking a few moments and finding the right project for the right day. Today, I decided I wanted to start on a quick project "just for me"...something I rarely do! I found the cutest flannel fabrics and panel for a quick quilt last week while shopping with my friend Kimber...I saw this fun model hanging in the quilt shop and just had to have it...flannel fabrics are perfect the autumn season and provide much needed comfort during the winter months. The fabric collection is "Flirty Birdies" by Michele Scott for Northcott (I love the name!) and the adorable birdies make me smile. This will be a fun throw quilt and will feature the panel with the orange polka dot for borders...the multiple birdie fabric for the back...and the blue flowers for the binding. I actually pieced the borders today on my serger and look forward to doing some simple quilting in the next week or so...


I also picked up a few fat quarters worth mentioning...not sure of their use yet, but they just spoke to me...


Finally - I just have to share a very favorite collection...it just screams my name...Village Green by Carolyn Gavin for P & B Textiles...just seeing these fabrics I want to turn on my sewing machine ASAP and get to work...they are just wonderful!


With all this inspiration surrounding me, I definitely need more hours in the day! For now, I am back to my stitching nest to work on a fast approaching deadline. I did manage to get lots of new items listed in my Etsy Shop late last night..so if you have been waiting for something to be posted, go take a look. Tomorrow I will start cutting supplies for the "Mischief at Midnight" finishing kits - I only have limited yardage of several of the items, so I will make as many as I can...give me a few days to get them ready, then (as I mentioned previously) I will post the details here before posting them in my Etsy Shop. So, for now, I am off to take care of the dogs...and then it will be a late night in my needlework nook...

2 comments:

  1. What neat looking fabrics you found, Belinda! I am glad you are working on a "for you" project. Looking forward to seeing your finished creation!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete