Monday, September 9, 2013

Simply Spooky Sewing

This weekend, my sewing machine was humming along...I managed to get some more Halloween  machine embroidered ornaments finished and listed in my Etsy shop...and I made eight little Halloween pillows/pincushions. I cut small witches, bats, and and jack-o-lanterns out of wool felt and appliqued them onto 5" squares of fun Halloween fabrics....then I backed them with more fun fabrics and used rick rack for edging. I love working with tiny motifs, so the witches (3.25" x 2.75"), jack-o-lanterns (3" x 2.25"), and bats (1.5" x .75") were a treat for me to appliqué! It was also quite enjoyable to choose the Halloween fabrics...I used charm packs and chose prints from several different Moda collections. I will be getting these spooky little pillows/pincushions listed in my Etsy shop in the next few days - in plenty of time for your Halloween decorating!



The fun backing fabrics...
I also worked on some adorable  patchwork pink heart pillows/pincushions and I will be back to share those with you very soon!

One final note today...for those of you working on my new Halloween design "Mischief at Midnight" - I have listed a very limited number of finishing kits for this project in my Etsy shop - these are the same finishing materials used for the model and original class kits...and all the supplies are pre-cut and ready for use (it is a finishing kit only - you will have to purchase the chart and the stitching supplies from your needlework shop of choice). UPDATE - THESE ARE SOLD OUT.

Enjoy your week...

7 comments:

  1. Belinda,

    Did you already sell out of the finishing kits?

    Amy Miller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Halloween pillow/pincushions are just adorable AND I can't wait to see the PINK ones you come up with. Getting excited for Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If there was enough interest, would you consider making more of the Mischief at Midnight finishing kits? I missed out and would actually like two if they were available.

    Pat in SJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please read the blog post I wrote this morning - it answers your question in detail - here is an exerpt:
      I only had so many supplies leftover from the class on hand, therefore, there were a very limited quantity. I have ordered additional supplies to make more finishing kits and once they arrive I will have more available. Once they are ready, I will post about them here before listing them on Etsy - these will be on a "first come, first served basis", I will not be taking pre-orders. Please expect the wait to be about two weeks, as the ordered supplies to need arrive and then the kits have to be prepared. NOTE: these are finishing kits only - you will have to purchase the design chart and stitching supplies from your favorite needlework shop. I truly appreciate all the enthusiasm and excitement (I really do), however, I do not have enough hours in the day to answer all the e-mail inquiries, Facebook messages, and comments - please be patient and keep an eye on this blog for up-to-date information. Thank you so much!

      Belinda

      Delete
  4. What cute Halloween pillow/pincushions you created! Looking forward to seeing the pink creations!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look like they were a lot of fun to make! I just love the fabric that you used :)

    ReplyDelete