Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pretty Patchwork Pincushions

Here are a few photos of "pink" pincushions I mentioned in an earlier post. These pretty pillows were made using a honey bun (1.5" strips) from the Aviary Collection by 3 Sisters for Moda (this collection is from March 2009 and is long retired)...after piecing the strips, I cut them into 5.5" squares - then fused a medium weight interfacing to the back side before attaching a felt heart with machine applique. The pincushions were then backed with the same pink felt and stuffed firmly with fiberfill. Each one measures 5" square finished...and I added a couple decorative pins as an embellishment (one of which is a pink ribbon). I decided since I am using all funds raised by my Etsy shop for my Komen 3-Day Walk expenses, I just *had to* have some pink items for sale. These were quite enjoyable to make and have inspired me to work on a couple other pink ideas. I have the individual photos taken and hope to get them listed in the shop soon (along with the little Halloween pillows)...I could just use a few more hours in each day...



I managed to get the new designs for October all bagged and ready for shipping later this month, so I will share those with you in the near future...and the supplies have been arriving for the "Mischief at Midnight" finishing kits, so I am hoping to get to work on those soon...and I have a new holiday design all kitted up and ready for model stitching...yep, as always, the list goes on and on...I am definitely keeping busy!

3 comments:

  1. What adorable pincushions you have created, Belinda! Glad you got your charts bagged for their release in October!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete