Sunday, June 28, 2009

Funky Floral Finishes

Yesterday evening, with a quiet house and an "itching" to use my sewing machine, I decided to work on a couple sewing/embroidery projects. The first is a small zippered bag with floral embroidery...it is the perfect size for stitching tools (4 1/4" H x 5 1/2" W). I machine embroidered it on dupioni silk from my stash with rayon embroidery thread for a nice shine. I was so happy with how it turned out, I decided to do another project from the same collection...which turns out to be the perfect ort or scrap bag! It is stitched on white cotton fabric...is about 6" tall...and has a boxed bottom, so it stands easily. Both of these designs have matching embroidery on the back sides and are from the Husqvarna Viking Collection "Purse Pizazz" (#184) by Anna Haraldsson. I plan to make several more of the stand-up bags in colors that match my bathroom - they would be just right for cotton balls, q-tips, hair accessories, etc. These projects were the perfect way to spend my few hours of "down time". I have also been working on a little personal cross stitching - the Blackbird Designs monthly miniature stockings I mentioned a couple weeks ago....I will post a progress photo soon...and I have been playing with several other new Clover gadgets that I will show you in the near future! I hope you have found some quiet time to enjoy working on your own special project(s)...

1 comment:

  1. Both bags are so lovely. It's amazing what the embroidery machines can do.
    I can't wait to see your Blackbird stockings. I just love that series of designs.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete