Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Small Sewing Treats

Over the last couple days, I have been longing for time to sew....yesterday before my printing was ready to pick up, I had time to work on a set of purse accessories: a zippered tissue case, an eyeglass case, and a cosmetic case. I used a great grey fabric with black paisley designs on it...picked to match my favorite Vera Bradley black purse perfectly. I also found time (a couple nights ago) to work on some assorted zippered box bags - using some sewing notion fabric from my stash. Thanks again to The Purple Hat for all the quality digitized designs (not any affiliation, just a very happy customer)! If I am lucky, after all the charts are bagged and ready to ship, I will find more sewing time....

3 comments:

  1. I just love paisley, but I've never seen black paisley here in Australia. Is it available online? What great sewing skills you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Pauline,

    The fabric used for my purse accessories is by Marcus Fabrics from the Metro Goes “Au Naturel” collection (J446-0112) - you can see the collection here: http://www.marcusfabrics.com/cgi-bin/fabricgallery/gallery.cgi?Category=462

    I know it is avaiable several places online - here is a link to one: http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/ItemList--Marcus-Fabrics-Metro-Au-Naturel-By-Michelle-DAmore--m-1351

    Thank you for the compliments and I hope this helps you find the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info, I'm off to see them!

    ReplyDelete