Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Great Gadgets & Simple Contest

Last week when I posted about piping, I mentioned I would post some more favorite gadgets this week. Today, I will focus on three - all products by Clover - all fun and easy!

First of all, Yo-yo Makers - I am sure these are familiar to many of you. I just LOVE these....they come in a variety of sizes and shapes...and are super user friendly. The photo shows the round yo-yo makers with examples of Extra Small, Small, Large, and Extra Large (there are no medium sizes)....the Flower Shape with examples of Small and Large...and the Heart Shaped with examples of Small and Large. These are perfect for using up scraps of fabric and are great for embellishing and decorations! The directions are user friendly and one stitches up in minutes - these can easily be found at most craft and quilting stores. New on the market is a Jumbo size yo-yo maker, which has a diameter of 3 1/2" (I have ordered one of these and can't wait to try it out)!


Next, the Pom-Pom makers. What a perfect gadget for those with children! I remember making these with yarn when I was a child. This gadget makes pom-poms a simple task...and you can make one in a matter of minutes. The directions are easy to follow and all you need is yarn and scissors. Shown in the photo are the small and large sizes. The "small" package contains makers for both 1 3/8" and 1 5/8" size pom-poms...the "large" package contains makers for both the 2 1/2" and the 3 3/8" pom-poms. These would be cute attached to flip-flops or hair ties and can be used used to decorate scarves, hats, mittens, and other accessories - I have even seen a cute little snowman made from pom-poms (great for crafting). These also come in an extra small and an extra large size (not pictured).


Finally, here is the Sweetheart Rose Maker...and this gadget is quite slick! At first, the directions seemed a little confusing...but once I got started they were quite easy to follow. You start with a strip of fabric (the maker lists the cut size needed)...then you basically fold and sew...really simple. The makers come in sizes small, medium, and large - my model photo shows the medium. Very thin or normal fabrics are recommended - such as: chiffon, organdy, cotton, linen, satin. These are quite new on the market...and are a unique new tool.


For a little treat, I thought I would have a simple contest! If you have read this far and are interested in trying a heart shaped yo-yo maker, I have brand new one up for grabs. Simply leave me a comment, and on Tuesday, June 30th, I will draw one lucky winner from all the posts...and mail them a small size heart yo-yo maker. Anyone can enter....and I will post the winner here sometime next Tuesday afternoon.

That is all for today...more gadgets will be featured in the near future! Wishing you a day filled with creativity....

13 comments:

  1. LOVE the pom-pom maker. I've got the yellow sized one myself. I keep saying I'm going to buy a yo-yo maker too. I haven't seen the rose maker before, that's getting added to the want list too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting gadgets! Thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the some of those gadgets before, but once you make all those 'things' what do you do with them? I'm seriously vision-challenged about what happens to them!

    But the little heart shaped one, I can see that on gifts or stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Belinda - I'd love to try the heart-shaped yo-yo maker! Can think of a couple of good uses for it! Please enter me in your drawing - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for showing the pictures. Now I can't wait to get off work and see if I can find a rose maker. :) I used to make yo-yos with my Grandma when I was little, but I've never seen a heart before!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Belinda -

    Thanks for sharing not only your gorgeous designs with us but also all those fun and interesting gadgets you find! Very interesting blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love gadgets! I'd like to look for the rose maker as I have not seen that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yo's yo's are fun and a little bit addictive.
    You can't make just one!
    I like the rose maker and had not seen that before.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clover makes the neatest gadgets! I have the chenille cutter, and it's fantastic.
    We always made our own Pom Pom makers out of cardboard - just two donut-shaped circles.
    I haven't ever tried a heart yo-yo - that would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know how I missed your blog until now. It's just filled with interesting things. I'd like to be in your drawing, please. The heart-shaped yo-yo is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven´t tried to make any shape of yo-yos yet, but I really like the heart shaped one and would love to enter your draw - thank you.
    Thanks for the updates on your bunnies - they are so cute (especially the post above with all the pictures of them leaving the nest... I hope they all have happy and long lives :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen this and wondered if they were any good. I enjoyed your informative post - so thanks for that.

    And I'd love to be entered into your drawing.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been thinking of taking up yo yo making (no joke, it's about time). I'd absolutely love to win this!!
    Thanks for stopping by "my place" and visiting my shop as well!

    ReplyDelete