Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Bunnies Leave The Nest!

After a terrible storm last night, my husband and I decided to check on the bunny nest this morning...and to our surprise, the baby rabbits were leaving the nest! I can't blame them...it has been over 100 degrees here for the last several days...and five little bodies in that tiny hole has to be miserable. Yes, there are five little ones, as we quickly found out this morning. First we saw one baby on his own in the yard (top photo below)...then two just outside of the burrow (second photo below)...and then two still in the burrow (third photo below). I managed to get several photos - they are still quite small and you can see the white diamond patch on the top of their heads. My husband also took a photo with my hand (right) to show the small size of the bunnies...keep in mind, I have tiny hands...they are ranging from 4" to 5" in length. The bottom photo below is my favorite - it shows the two just outside the burrow and the two inside the nest. Isn't nature amazing?!





3 comments:

  1. OMGoodness what sweet photos!!! Are you getting any ideas for bunny designs?? LOL

    Hugs
    -missy-

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute! Love the latest pics..hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohh aren't they cute, they're lovely....Sue

    ReplyDelete