Friday, December 31, 2010

A Look Forward To 2011

In just a matter of hours, we will be welcoming the new year...and as 2010 comes to a close, it is time to reflect on the last 365 days. This year has been a good year for Blue Ribbon Designs - a year of triumphs, challenges, and rewards. Thank you for making this a special year for me and for your support, encouragement, and loyalty - there are many talented designers and teachers out there...and a vast amount of needlework patterns to choose from - I sincerely thank you for welcoming my designs into your stitching rotation and allowing my dream to be a reality. I truly love what I do and I hope you will continue to receive my designs with open arms and share in my passion for all things done with needle and thread. Looking forward to 2011, I have many projects in the works - a pile of design ideas, multiple classes across the US, and exciting plans for the future. Thank you for following me on my creative journey...

As promised, here is a sneak peek at an upcoming design titled "Turn The Page" - it is the second in my series of bookmark samplers. As with the first design, you can stitch the entire framed sampler or choose a favorite section for making a bookmark. The model was stitched on 40-count Weeks Dye Works Linen (Angel Hair) with Weeks Dye Work cotton floss. Unfortunately with the winter storm brewing, it is quite gloomy and dark - the light was not ideal for photography - but I promised a photo today...and you get the idea! I have plans to release this design in February at the Nashville Needlework Market.

Wishing you and your loved ones a new year filled with happiness, prosperity, and kindness...all the best in 2011...

11 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your cold/flu and hope the New Year finds the sinuses, head and body all clearing. I'm in England visiting friends of many years and we'll be saying Happy New Year in about 22 minutes. I want to thank you personally for the beautiful designs you've brought into my life and wish you all the very, very best in this year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx again for the beautiful zipper pouch, I treasure it, since it was made by you:) Sweet stitchin, HNY and may all good things come your way in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another absolutely gorgeous design. A must have for my stash!
    Best wishes for a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have created another fabulous design! Great colors and motifs in this one!

    Hoping you are feeling better, Belinda! Wishing you a year filled with peace, good health, and enjoyment!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an incredible designer! I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've come up with another great design! Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is BEAUTIFUL. You are so gifted. :) Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! Best to you and your family for 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I hope 2011 is everything you hope it to be.

    hugs
    -missy-

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely Beautiful! Happy New Year!
    Raggedystitches,
    Louise

    ReplyDelete