Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Season of Surprises

One of the things I love most about the cold winter months is curling up inside with my needle and thread. With the abundance of stitching I have to complete, it has become my evening and nightly ritual to light a fire in the fireplace, make a nice hot beverage, and enjoy time with my needlework. I am hoping to have another new design model finished soon, so look forward to a new photo in the next several days.

I spent a little time this afternoon working on one last Christmas gift...a fun patchwork table runner and matching kitchen towels. I finished all the piecing today and hope to do the quilting and binding tomorrow morning....then my Christmas list of handmade gifts will be complete. I have found much joy in my sewing studio these past several weeks...and lucky me, I have two baby quilts to do for expecting friends, so I have plenty of after-holiday quilting to keep me busy!

Now I am off to my stitching nest to work on the model for my upcoming bookmark sampler (it still needs a name)...it is about half done and I would really like to finish it up this week. But before I get my needle moving again, I plan to make a cup of Christmas Tea in my fun new Longaberger Top Hat Snowman Mug! This super special mug arrived in the mail today from my dear friend Robin - she is so very thoughtful - and she knows how much I love my Longaberger (I'm addicted, it's a sickness) and hot tea, so this was the perfect surprise. Robin you truly brightened my day - THANK YOU!

It's that time of year when we find joy in unexpected places - a season of surprises...take a few moments see the beauty and joy that surround you....

2 comments:

  1. Love the mug---I think the perfect mug makes the drink as close to perfection as you can come. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh shoot - I'm really sorry now that I did not order one of those snowman mugs and I'll have to seek out some of that christmas tea - I;ve not seen it before. Enjoy ! and Merry Christmas
    Melody

    ReplyDelete