Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday Sewing

I worked on a quilting project today...I really wanted to start it yesterday, but had to chose between sewing and mowing, and mowing seemed more critical. I hadn't turned on my sewing machine for any length of time since before my teaching trip to New England, so I was definitely going through withdrawal...I really needed this! This last week has been overwhelming, to say the least, and I just need some creative time that had absolutely nothing to do with "work"....so with a quiet house this morning, I got up and immediately went to my studio and chose a project...I wanted something a little complex and challenging, yet something I could finish today if I was unable to make time later this week to sew. I chose this small quilt...well, I guess you might call it miniature...it is actually only about 12.5" x 12.5" square. It is called "Crossing Ohio" and is made from the fabric line Bar Harbor by Polly Minick & Lauri Simpson for Moda. I wanted to work on a seasonal project....and this patriotic piece caught my eye....it was the perfect one day project (and it gave me some more practice on my bindings - which are much improved).

Now, I head to my stitching nest for more model work - "Liberty Stitchery" should be done today or tomorrow...and I can't wait to share a peek with you and get it to the framer....

3 comments:

  1. I love your patriotic quilt. As for mowing, don't you hate when life gets in the way of sewing/cross stitching. I mowed all day Friday while dreaming about stitching my fabulous shaker piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely little project! How do you plan to display it? It is so hot here I don't even want to think about the mowing that will need to be done this week!

    ReplyDelete