Sunday, June 6, 2010

New In The To-Do Pile: A "Garden Fresh" Quilting Project

Happy Sunday Stitchy Friends!

It has been several days since my last post...and mainly, it is because I have been focused on model stitching...I have lots of new designs in the works - for teaching, for magazines, and for releases this summer. I have a list of deadlines and I am stitching my little fingers off to obtain all of those goals. I will have a sneak peek picture of "Liberty Stitchery" for you soon - it is over half completed...

I haven't had much time for sewing or quilting lately...and I am truly going through withdrawal...seems like ages since I last turned on my beautiful Diamond machine...well, really it has only been a couple weeks - but to me, it seems like years. I have promised myself that this week, I will make time to sew! ...and I just had to share this fabric and project with you! If you read my blog regularly, then you know I love vegetables...I truly eat a spinach and fresh veggies every day...so this fabric line is right up my alley - not to mention my kitchen colors are black and white with sage accents, so it matches perfectly. I first saw this fabric line ( "Garden Fresh" by Gail Kessler for Andover Fabrics) in the March/April 2010 Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting magazine, and I'm totally "in love" with it. I had been looking locally for this fabric line for quite some time and had not been able to find it....so when the Fons and Porter online store recently had a sale, I just had to purchase the kit for the Garden Fresh magazine quilt while it was still available. This fabric is so beautiful in person...and I love that there is a panel (shown Below), a border print, and fabulous coordinates...I can't wait to start this project!...hopefully this week....


2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's lovely! I don't blame you for going for it! I hope you show it off when you finish the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta love that online shopping - did some fabric shopping myself, over the Memorial Day weekend. It arrived today and I hope to get a pic up on the ole' blog this weekend. It's for the BOM I have, but haven't started yet...sigh. Love the box, really pretty.

    ReplyDelete