Monday, June 14, 2010

Beautiful Begonia

I know you were probably expecting a sneak peek photo of my new design "Liberty Stitchery" today....and I am sorry to disappoint you, but it isn't quite done yet. I have been stitching my fingers raw...and I just taped them up for the third time today. For some reason this model is taking longer than planned - but it WILL be done late tonight...I am working on the final section (the bottom border) and I vow not to go to bed until it is finished! Once you see this new piece, I think you will understand the delay...

Today, I finally replaced the flowers in the basket next to my front door...the geraniums just didn't survive well after the crash with the bird nest...so, I have replaced them with some gorgeous blooming begonias...they are a delicate shade of salmon pink...I have had begonias in this spot before and they usually thrive, so I am expecting them to last throughout the season...

























While I was outside working with the flowers this afternoon (after another torrential rain downpour), I managed to get this photo of a robin collecting dried grass for a nest...for some reason, this picture immediately made me smile, so I had to share it...
























I will be back tomorrow with a sneak peek photo for you...really, I WILL BE...I have a new quilting toy I am dying to play with and I have promised myself not to touch it until this model is ready for the framer...so I have a huge incentive!

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it. And love your stitching from the previous post...isn't it fun to have so many different things going on between stitching and quilting to keep us so hooked on these wonderful passions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the new design! Quilting toy, huh? I wonder what that is too! lol! Love your begonias, and that pic of the robin is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can title that Robin, 'Biting Off More Than You Can Chew'! That is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty begonias in your basket, Belinda! Awesome shot of the Robin gathering nesting materials!

    Looking forward to seeing the sneak peek of your new design, but can almost guarantee it will need to come live at my house signt unseen!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. The begonias are a beautiful color. Can't wait to see the new design, but don't stitch your fingers to the bone!

    ReplyDelete