Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Find Your Happy Place

When I need a boost or relief from everyday stresses, I sit down at my sewing/embroidery machine - there I find my "happy place". I have always been a needleworker by hand...but with handwork as my career, I found I needed a new challenging creative outlet....and a new sewing/embroidery machine was just what the doctor ordered. Sewing, quilting, and machine embroidery always seem to put a smile on my face! Here is my new finished project - a scrap bag done in sunny springtime colors. This scrap bag is great for traveling to stitching events, as it folds flat - it holds your scissors and pins (and, of course, all those little snippits/scraps)....I also added a magnet to hold needles. The actual scrap holder is held on by buttons, so it can easily be emptied. This design was digitized by The Purple Hat ...currently one of my favorite designers of machine embroidery and in-the-hoop projects made simple! My Designer Diamond has opened up a whole new world of creativity - allowing me to play with all sorts of fun fabrics, fibers, and embroideries...this is the first project photo of many to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment