Sunday, December 29, 2013

Bright & Cheerful

I carved out some time this weekend to work on a couple sewing/quilting projects...with my BRD work schedule full of stressful deadlines, sometimes a little creativity can get me in the right frame of mind. Saturday, I decided to sit down at my sewing machine and clear my head...I had a pile of scraps left from the "Home Sweet Home" pillow I showed you last week, so I took them to my AccuQuilt GO! fabric cutter. Over the years I have have purchased quite an assortment of dies, so it is always fun to play in my studio - I decided to work with the GO! Drunkard's Path 3.5" Finished die and make a small modern table runner, measuring 7" W x 24.5" H. I always enjoy curved piecing, as I like a bit of a challenge...and the bright, cheerful fabrics were a joy to sew! The top is pieced with Fresh Flowers by Deb Strain for Moda and the binding and backing are Ellie's Emporium by Sue Penn for Fine Lines (a favorite fabric I picked up some time ago and now I wish a had a few more yards!)....and I didn't used a pattern, just made it up as I went along. I did straight line quilting which really gave the finished piece a nice flow and added to the modern look...

I also have another fun tidbit to share today...if you are a long time reader, you may remember the adorable bumble bee mug I found last April...well, for Christmas, I received another one of these special mugs - this time, the frog! Just like the bumble bee, it makes me smile...and since he matches my table runner, I thought it was the perfect time to share it with you...




I hope you have had a weekend full of smiles and creativity too!

6 comments:

  1. Your table runner I'd beautiful - very creative! And those mugs are just too cute!,

    Happy New Year to yiu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super looking table runner and your mugs looks right at home on it! Way to go, Belinda!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooo love the mugs and wow with the runner .. I have the sizzex dies of these sooo I can see my drunken path coming soon ..HIC ...lol love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the table runner! It is awesome! Love the mugs too! Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your runner is lovely! Mugs are fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable are those mugs!!!

    ReplyDelete