Friday, December 20, 2013

Better with Bacon...

When Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival tickets went on sale this month, I made sure to be online, as they sell out in minutes...and I was thrilled to get four tickets to the 2014 event (I blogged about the 2013 event here)! Tickets went on sale 12/12/13 at 12:12:13 and again sold out in minutes...and we are not-so-patiently anticipating this yearly festival, which is being held on February 1st. One of my very dear far-a-way friends is a bacon fanatic and she is quite knowledgeable in all things bacon...I sure wish she could be here to share the experience with me...that would definitely make it a perfect day! She did however send me a very fun and extremely unique Christmas package - it included bacon balm (yes, I said bacon flavored lip balm!), a book full of bacon recipes...and get this...she made me two of the cutest flannel pillowcases with bacon inspired fabric! I just could not stop smiling when I opened this packaged...it was a complete surprise and brightened my day immensely...




I know it is usually all about the squirrel on my blog, but today, it is all about bacon! In fact, I am getting hungry just writing this post. Time to go curl up with one of my bacon pillows and look through my new cookbook...and I may even try the bacon lip balm...an exciting Friday night...

No comments:

Post a Comment