Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Touch Of Twinkle

We have had the most gorgeous weather here in Iowa this week - unseasonably warm - temperatures in the 70s and 80s with a nice breeze...and the sun has been shining all week - it is making it REALLY difficult for me to focus on anything work related...I just want to be outside! I'm still waiting on the fabric for my New England Stitcher's Retreat project {still sighing}...but good news...fingers crossed...it will be here tomorrow (although I thought it would be here yesterday or today) and I will be able to work on the class project over the weekend...if not, I am going to throw my hands up in the air (probably cursing), use another linen supplier and color, and completely start over, as I just don't have any more time to wait...and I know you are all very anxious to see the project - I'm feeling the pressure. I have been keeping busy with charting for several new class designs and some summer pieces....and in the evenings I am model stitching a set of needlework smalls for an upcoming release...

I had a huge list of errands to accomplish today - but before I started, I had to decided to go to Archiver's and do a little shopping - my dear friend Mary gave me a gift card for my birthday (she knows me so well, as Archiver's is one of my very favorite places) and I wanted to put it to good use! Finding creative things to purchase was definitely not a problem for me - friends who have shopped at Archiver's with me know I can fill a hand cart pretty quickly! Today, the store was having a free "Make It" class for a mini booklet, so of course I had to partake...isn't mine (upper right) adorable?! The free classes are always good for teaching me about some new fancy product that I can't live without...or teach me more about a product I already own. Today's class started with the Martha Stewart Scoring Board, which I already have and adore (thank goodness)...then moved on to a Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper which was WAY COOL and is now on my list of things I *need* (gee, that list just keeps growing)...next, a Crop-A-Dile (Original) was used to punch the holes for the ribbon. The bunting flags were cut with a punch...and attached with Pop Dots to give them a nice dimensional look...and finally a touch of twinkle was added by using a Gelly Roll Stardust Clear Glitter Pen (and I must admit a package of these pens went home with me!). It was a quick project and gave me a few minutes to "play" before heading out to accomplish my list...and I have a cute little mini album - finished and ready for photos, embellishments, and memories. I managed to use my entire gift card (and a little more) - I know - SHOCKER! What else did I pick up...well - some sunshine yellow scalloped notes that will be perfect for Easter, some vintage inspired spool buttons, a package of beaded hat pins, a card of pins and buttons, some doodle twine (I just loved the pink/brown combination), and a few more odds and ends. It was a very inspiring visit and a nice creative start to my day!

5 comments:

  1. Love all your new stuff, but those hat pins are my favorite. i am now on a hunt for some.
    You always do such neat stuff...very creative.
    Judy in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh I am SO jealous you have an Archivers near you!! There are ZERO in PA!! I saw that mini album make-and-take from Heidi Swapp and wish I could have made one, too!! I love it! Yours turned out so adorable! Love the rest of your stash, too! Papercrafting is way addicting, isn't it??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well I don't know what the shop is you are talking about but it sounds fun ...lol
    way to go on the shopping haul and nice goodies you got .. I've got a crop o dile :0
    enjoy creating and hope the fabric comes for you asap :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, Belinda! Your mini book is adorable! Hope your fabric arrives today!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet little stitch! It makes me smile too!

    ReplyDelete