Monday, March 5, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Twisting Star

So, there are several reasons I am excited about finishing my latest quilting project...first of all - I have had this in my to-do pile for over a year - yep, I purchased the fabric before St. Patrick's Day last year...second of all - it has several inset seams, which I was kind of scared of, but worked out quite well...and finally, all my star triangles have points (woo-hoo)! I actually started this project on Saturday afternoon and finished the piecing and binding this evening. I am so tickled to have this project done and on my dining room table before St. Patrick's Day. The pattern is called "Twisting Star Table Toppers" and is from Quilt Tales....it has 8 different projects, including: a candle mat, two table toppers, a set of placemats, and four table runners. I chose the 24" table topper...and I have enough of the fabric leftover to make the candle mat. I was actually impressed with how easily this project came together and how well it turned out....and I can definitely see working this project with a variety of fabrics. One of my local quilt shops had a template set (3 sizes) made for the center hexagon(s) and I am very happy I made that purchase - it made cutting the center quite easy...I also used my AccuQuilt GO! Fabric Cutter to cut all the strips and the binding. Yes, I am very happy with my new holiday table topper...

9 comments:

  1. I've never seen that before....it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Belinda. I'm glad you've found some time for a little sewing. Hugs Mary A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very, very pretty Belinda.
    Love the green.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh - It's just gorgeous Belinda - I am such a green gal - I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! You are very talented indeed. Also love your new blog header - great photo of you ! Melody

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fabric choices! Good job:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Very eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work Belinda! The fabrics in this are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely table topper you created, Belinda! Love the fabrics you used! Glad you were able to get in a bit of sewing time.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice table topper, congrats on the finish. CJ in OK ;-)

    ReplyDelete