Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Quilting and Cupcakes

Continuing on our "day to play" in Franklin, TN - our next stop was The Quilting Squares Quilt Shop & Knit Emporium. This cozy quilt and knitting shop had a a nice selection of fabric and notions...a wonderful wool room...and for those who knit and crochet, a lovely yarn room. The staff was delightful and helpful - and we all had a pile to purchase! I had been searching for a special binding tool (The Binding Tool by TQM Products), that they actually had in stock...and I found some adorable fabric with my favorite motifs - birds, owls, trees ("Let The Sunshine In" designed for Exclusively Quilters)....along with a couple fat quarters, a couple patterns, a pair of scissors, and a tomato pin cushion kit. While we were there (not to name drop) - we ran into several of my favorite designer friends - Cathy and Theresa from CherryWood Design Studios and Tracy from Ink Circles - which was so much fun - always a special treat spend a little time with such creative and talented people!

After leaving the quilt shop, we were on a mission to find "Bead City"...and we did, but it was disappointing and not photo worthy...but it did lead us to a Chinese/Japanese Restaurant next door, where we had a good lunch.

After lunch, it was time for cupcakes - we visited Gigi's Cupcakes...and oh my goodness, it was spectacular! I know they have multiple locations in the south...and they are welcome to open one here in West Des Moines, IA....what a TREAT! It took me a while to decide - they were all so beautiful and decadent. We picked up a box of six...one for each of us and several to deliver. In the box you see: (top row L to R) Chocolate Salted Caramel, White Midnight Magic, Miss Princess (bottom row L to R) Scarlett's Red Velvet, Lemon Poppy Seed, and Carrot Cake....can you guess which one is mine?...I know, too easy...mine is the Miss Princess (white cake with fresh strawberries baked in, topped with a cream cheese frosting, pink sugar crystals & a pink fondant crown)....and yes, I was in sugar shock after finishing this amazing sugary confection! Seriously - this was one delicious cupcake and my "sugar high" lasted for hours (but it was oh so worth it!).

It really was a marvelous trip and I am so glad I got experience the Nashville Needlework Market and Franklin, TN...I couldn't have asked for better traveling/shopping companions...and I learned so much and met so many wonderful people in the needlework industry!

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful duo, quilting and cupcakes, for you to share with us today! Hmmm...I want one of those chocolate salted caramel cupcakes!

    I am thrilled that you had such a fabulous experience at your first Market.

    Robin

    P.S. Like your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your experience with us! Glad you had a great time too.
    I want one of each please. LOL
    Love your new header!
    Judy (Kansas)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had such a good time at market! Your new designs are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cupcakes look luscious and I love your new title box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a cute shop.
    Those are some gorgeous cupcakes!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I want one of those lemon cupcakes!! They all looks so tempting!
    Thanks for sharing your pics on the past two posts. I've really enjoyed them. I'm so glad that you had a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh girlfriend, you and I are cut from the same cloth! I'd totally go for the same cupcake and yep, I'd be on a sugar high too. It would be so very worth it! I'm glad you had a great time. Wish I could have been a mouse in your pocket! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a wonderful time at Nashville with all the fun shopping and seeing the city. Those cupcakes looks absolutely delicious. I have gained 5 pounds looking at the picture.
    Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

    ReplyDelete