Monday, February 13, 2012

Sunshine and Whimsy

It will be a quick post today - as I have numerous "irons in the fire". I just finished snow removal and shoveling...and I have been cooking up a storm in the kitchen for an early Valentine's Day meal (a homemade lasagna and a caramel cake)...plus I have been bagging charts (only 6 boxes to go!)...packaging up my new models and charts for shipping...and taking care of a pile of work on my desk. It's been a busy day, but I just had to make time to share a couple goodies my dear friend Robin sent me for my birthday...

Seriously, how cute is this whimsical owl pincushion?? I absolutely adore it! It is so bright and cheerful...I just love the sunshine yellow trim - I truly makes me happy. The floss and fabric colors work together perfectly and make me smile - we all know I adore owls, so I am thrilled with this stitched pressie! Robin - thank you so much for making me such a fun treasure - it is already in my stitching nest where I will admire it daily! Thank you dear friend - you definitely brightened my day!!
*Update* - This design is a complimentary chart by Ship's Manor - visit Erik's website to find his fabulous cross stitch patterns, along with this design titled "Wendy's Owl"!

Robin was also kind enough to send me a Longaberger wrought iron easel that I am using to display a framed piece in my living room (I got the idea from a photo she sent me of one of her cross stitch finishes)...a package of my favorite Bohin needles....and a sewing pattern with rigid weave pre-cut stabilizer. I am so excited to make a woven "Biscuit Basket" with the materials she sent me - I have an array of fabric jelly rolls to choose from - and there is enough rigid weave to make two baskets - this project is going straight to the top of my sewing to-do list!

Today is another happy day and I am feeling so very blessed!

4 comments:

  1. im so jealous that youve gotten some snow!! east coast has been robbed this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday day again :0 love the owl and can't wait to see how you get on with the basket :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy belated birthday deary :)
    love for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a pleasure spoiling you for your birthday! Enjoy all your goodies!

    Happy Valentine's Day, Belinda!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete