Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Stroll Down Main Street

What a treat it was to have a "day to play" in Historic Downtown Franklin, TN with a couple of my very dear friends! It was great weather for this time of year (a little cloudy in the morning, with comfortable temperatures...and the sky turned blue later in the day) - perfect for strolling down Main Street and visiting the quaint specialty shops.

My favorite place we visited was called The Iron Gate - it was filled with stylish home furnishings and accents - and is one of the most unique shops I have visited. My jaw dropped the second I walked in the front door - and I immediately asked if I could take some photographs. This shop was so stylish and classy, yet shabby...vintage, yet fresh and new...and I adored the neutral and white color pallet. There was an abundance of unique and creative items - with chandeliers hanging throughout - and two adorable (very friendly) rescue dogs (Sophia and Bentley) perched on a sofa keeping an eye on the place. I absolutely LOVED everything about this establishment and was very inspired by the atmosphere! Here are a few of the photographs I snapped...

First view when walking in the front door...
LOVE the branches hanging over this large birdcage...and look at one of the dogs posing...
Sophia and Bentley (so sweet)...
I adored this crown...
A spoon chandelier - so unique!

Another great home decor shop we visited (across the street) had an upstairs area filled with warmth and character! Here are some photos from Rebecca's Furniture and Design - the brick walls and paper lanterns made this showroom so inviting:

It was a marvelous morning perusing Main Street and doing some window shopping...and we all found a few goodies to bring home (shocking, I know). Tomorrow I will share our afternoon with you - which included a trip to the local quilt shop and a delicious visit to Gigi's Cupcakes!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking us on a picture tour, Belinda! Glad you had a wonderful outing in Historic Franklin!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos remind me of a 8-10 block section of Tower St. in Centralia, WA., a few miles from me. Most of the shops are antique shops, boutiques and tea rooms. The old train station was rebuilt to the time period of the town. It's a wonderful place to spend a day, just like your Franklin. Great photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhhh just gorgeous and love the wee doggies too .. glad you had a fab time at the nashville market .... just catching up with my blog reading :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful place to explore - I love all the exposed brick in those shops. This is my kinda place. Can't wait to see the quilt shop. Melody

    ReplyDelete