Thursday, August 27, 2015

Halloween at the Cabin

I'm back today to share a very fun Halloween finish! I really enjoyed creating this custom Halloween table topper for one of my repeat customers (she happily keeps me busy!). I had to search and search for Halloween fabrics that were to her liking and I finally found this wonderful collection from Maywood Studio - it is called "Black Cat Crossing"...and it worked perfectly. She had a log cabin block in mind...so I pulled up my EQ7 software, scanned in the fabrics, and immediately started working on a design. I already had a custom block drawn/saved that was created specifically for my AccuQuilt GO! Log Cabin-12" Finished Square die by Leslie Main - I created it in an assortment of sizes for various uses (this particular die cuts logs to make 5", 6", 7", 8", 9", 10", 11" and 12" finished Log Cabin blocks) - I decided the 9" block would work best for her table size. I added some border strips to get it sized to fit her table measurements just right...and the end result, I titled "Halloween at the Cabin". The quilting was enjoyable too - I used a large zig-zag which gave it a little extra spooky Halloween embellishment (you can see some of the quilting in the block image below). I was quite happy with how this project turned out and I look forward to using my log cabin cutting die more in the future...and (shocker!) I just may have to order more of this specific fabric line, as I only have some smaller pieces leftover...








I continue to sew/quilt by day and stitch in the evening...that seems to work best with my hectic schedule. I managed to finish up several additional projects this week and I will make time to share with you real soon...I have been in "create" mode and loving every minute of it...I just wish I could stretch a few more hours out of each day!

5 comments:

  1. Oh what a fun table topper. Love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely one very busy, creative lady. Your work is just beautiful and always so much fun to see what you are doing. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your latest creative finish, Belinda! I bet your customer is thrilled with what you created for her. Love the log cabin blocks!

    xoxox,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belinda: What a stunning beauty this is, thank-you for sharing with us.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete