Friday, August 28, 2015

Friendship Friday - A Celebration

Today was the perfect day for a friendship Friday gathering...it has been rainy, gloomy and gray all day, but having a long lunch with dear friends was like having a beautiful, sunny day! Spending a few hours with Kimber and Mary is incredibly good for my soul - and today was extra special because we were celebrating Kimber's birthday. We had lunch at our favorite local restaurant and enjoyed great food and extremely fun conversation...so fun, we completely lost track of time and were there for three hours (is there any better way to spend a rainy afternoon?)! It was delightful putting together a birthday box for Kimber...she truly appreciates handmade gifts and really notices personal touches...and now that she has received everything, I can share them with you. I decided to make her a couple small zippered pouches to use in her favorite purses/bags...and since she loves wool, I thought one of my wool applique pin pillows (featuring pink, of course) would be a perfect addition. I have also been collecting yardage of ribbons in her favorite colors that I wrapped around a large vintage wooden spool (found at a local antique shop). I wrapped all the presents in gift gloss and tissue paper and put them in a photo storage box, tied with a bright pink grosgrain ribbon.





I don't know what was more fun - putting together Kimber's birthday box...or watching her open each of her gifts...it made my heart happy. To have many of the important people in my life spread across the country, what a joy it is to have two wonderful friends just a few miles away - I always look forward to our special outings!
...and just like that my rainy day was filled with sunshine!

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a fabulous friendship Friday. Love the pouches you created for your friend. I know she is thrilled with her gifts. Enjoy your weekend!

    xoxoxo,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. My day was filled with fun as well Belinda (as always). I absolutely loved the patchwork zippered bag, very cute. Everything else was super cute too however the patchwork once caught my eye. Waiting for September lunch date now-can't wait to see where we will go for a fun-filled lunch date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a wonderful time with your friends. Such lovely and thoughtful gifts you made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Belinda,
    Thanks so much for celebrating my special day with me. Your handmade pretties touched my heart and I will treasure them forever. I'm already putting some of them to use in my blue plastic tote bag. Hugs and love, Kimber

    ReplyDelete