Friday, February 8, 2013

A Blooming "Love Tree"

Earlier this week, I made time for an evening out with my friend Lorrie - we visited The Social Canvas - a place to "paint, sip, create"....basically cocktails and canvas. The Social Canvas is a relatively new business in our area...they provided the canvas, paint, brushes, apron, and easel - you choose the class project and day and time...and you can even enjoy a glass of wine or a cocktail (or two) while you paint. Our good friend Mary had seen the "Love Tree" class online and shared it with us, but (unfortunately) was not able to attend...I knew Lorrie was already signed up, so I decided to join her...and I am so glad that I did! The class was quite enjoyable - we were there just over 2 hours (classes are usually 2 - 2.5 hours)...they have fun music playing....and I got to sip on a nice glass of Merlot...and although I felt a bit rushed at times (I tend to try and make things too perfect and get behind, so my paint doesn't have enough time to dry), I managed to bring home a decent painting...and more important, I got out of the studio/office and enjoyed a few stress-free hours! The sessions are perfect for beginners or advanced artists...and they give everyone a chance to be creative...every piece was completely different and I saw some wonderful unique ideas. Here is a little photo journey through my evening (these were all taken via smartphone, as I left my fancy camera at home):

The class model - "Love Tree"

My background in progress...

Me with my canvas...

My Love Tree in the foreground...and a forest from other attendees in the background....
Visit the following link and scroll down to see a plethora of photos from our class
and all the different versions: http://www.facebook.com/TheSocialCanvas/photos_stream

My masterpiece!

Our "well-loved" work station...along with our pretty paintings....

Lorrie and I show off our works of art for the camera!
We had such a fun night out, we have already signed-up for our next class - we will be going in March...we will be attending a morning class ("Mimosa Morning"....yes, I said Mimosa!) and painting "Poppies"...

Tonight I am catching up on a few work related items, finishing up some machine embroidery, and nursing a head cold that my husband has lovingly passed my way (ugh!). Tomorrow will be a BIG day - it is Bacon Festival (yes, I said "bacon festival"...and yes, I got tickets before they sold out in 3 minutes and 22 seconds...and yes, I plan to eat LOTS of bacon)...and I plan to enjoy every minute!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun evening you and Lorrie had! Good for you! Enjoy the bacon festival tomorrow and please eat a couple slices for me!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great painting! I love your rendition of the Love tree.
    I wish we had a place like that in California. I'll have to google it. Thanks. Have fun in your next class...Please post the results. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your painting is beautiful. I don't know if I could sit, paint and drink a glass of wine. No telling what my painting would have looked like.

    Lorrie did a stunning job on her painting as well.

    I can't wait to see what you create next time.

    Have fun eating all that delicious bacon.

    ReplyDelete