Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Night Song

I had such an enjoyable time working on this small wall hanging quilt. It is the GO! Night Song Quilt...and is a free pattern on the AccuQuilt website. Normally I am not a huge batik fabric fan - I can usually take it or leave it...but a couple weeks ago a local quilt shop had a nice sale on batiks and I knew I wanted to use them for this quilt - and I am so glad I did...I love how it turned out! All of the fabric was cut on my AccuQuilt GO! fabric cutter - it used the following GO! dies: Birds (a new favorite of mine!), Drunkard's Path 7", Rose of Sharon, Stems & Leaves, Strip Cutter 1 1/2", Strip Cutter 2", and Strip Cutter 2 1/2". This small quilt (21" x 21") was perfect for practicing curved piecing (which I really enjoyed) and machine appliqué. I put a split sleeve on the back and my husband helped me make a great sawtooth hanger, so it is ready to put on the wall...now I just have to find the perfect place to put it!































A couple notes:

I have finished the Elegant Stitch Workshop piece that I will be teaching this fall...and photos will be posted very soon! http://www.elegantstitch.com/

...and (drum roll please) Blue Ribbon Designs is now on Facebook...I know, it's about time! If you want to be "friends", you can find me at http://www.facebook.com/BRDgirl and make sure to "LIKE" Blue Ribbon Designs at http://www.facebook.com/BlueRibbonDesigns!

10 comments:

  1. I really like their new dies and those birds are wonderful.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out so good!!! You really picked good colors at the sale, I can't wait to make my quilt with the fabric I got!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's soooo pretty! I love the birds and all the use of bright colour in it. The batiks look great in this design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wall hanging is so cheerful and spring-y; great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous wall hanging you have created, Belinda! Love those birdies! It makes me smile!

    Congratulations on getting the project finished for the Elegant Stitch class!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great spring addition! Love the birds and flowers!

    Your designs are just wonderful--keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a precious piece! I am so glad I never learned to quiltt. I would be in such deep do do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the birds.........Robin

    ReplyDelete