Friday, May 13, 2011

Bluebirds and Daisies

Recently I received an email wanting to know how I finished my complimentary design "Bluebirds and Daisies"...and I was extremely embarrassed to reply that I had not yet finished it (I designed and stitched the model in 2008). The design was done quickly, without much notice for a Hoffman Distributing summer promotion and at the time I was working on a long list of deadlines...so, I stitched it up for a photo and then added it to a pile of "to be finished later" cross stitch pieces. Well, that email was just the gentle nudge I needed to finish my stitched design in to a cute little summery pillow. I used my AccuQuilt GO! fabric cutter to cut strips for framing the design...then backed it, stuffed it, and added an assortment of buttons in two of the corners. I was very pleased with the results...and I now find myself inspired to start finishing more pieces in my cross stitch pile! This complimentary pattern is still available on my website, for those of you who may want to try your hand at making your own little pillow - just visit my website http://www.blueribbondesigns.com/ - click on "Freebie" in the left-hand menu - and scroll down about half the page to the design for Summer 2008 - as always, you will need Adobe Reader to view/print the PDF file. I hope you will be inspired to stitch this fun, summertime piece...and if you do, be sure to send me a photo...I would love to see where your creativity takes you with this design...

12 comments:

  1. I love how you finished it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How original a finish! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you finished your Bluebirds and Daisies piece! Love the added buttons in the corners!

    Have a terrific weekend, Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous Belinda!!! I sure wish I had time to stitch everything that I want to stitch......I am so far behind!!
    your finish is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great finish, Belinda! Thanks for the pic. :D Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the finishing - perky perfect fabric ! enjoy your weekend - melody

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute finish and jog to my memory that this is in my want ot do pile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Bluebirds design finish, the colours are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finish Belinda....so pretty for summer! pam in iowa

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute~~ Perfect for summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that is the perfect summer finish! So bright and cheery too. I have got to learn how to use a sewing machine. I want to do more of this type of finish but I'm limited to sewing by hand and that just turns me off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it...I need to go print it off and get started! :)

    ReplyDelete