Saturday, May 7, 2011

My First Word Book

Wanting to try something new for my mother-in-law's Mother's Day gift, I decided to use my new Cricut Expression machine to make a word book. I used the Cricut DesignStudio Software to create the M-O-M letter pages - which actually worked really slick! After getting the pages designed, I hooked my Cricut Expression to my laptop and was able to cut my designs...and it actually worked...I was so proud of myself...I picked a rather large project for a new Cricut user, but that is me, I just jump in! After cutting the pages, I cut an assortment of cardstock and pretty paper shapes, frames, and letters...then got out the glue stick and went to work...I added photographs of Travis, Simba, and myself...rick rack, buttons, and a couple epoxy stickers. The back page was done using a color ink, instead of a cutting blade in my Cricut Expression - it actually draws the shapes instead of cutting them...it was my first time trying this and it amazed me! I punched holes in each of the pages, then used book rings tied with pretty ribbons and trims to bind the pages. It took a little longer than expected (and it looked like a bomb exploded in my studio), but I was thrilled with the results! Travis and I will sign the back page to commemorate the occasion. Shown below are each of the pages as you work through the book...

I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day...and find a little creative time for yourself...





















8 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift you have created for you MIL! She is going to be thrilled! Way to go, Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful! I feel like such a slacker when I look at all your beautiful work..lolol! Your mother-in-law will love it!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I have no idea how you did that or what most of your post says (I'm unfamiliar with the machine ;))but that's a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you have done. It is so beautiful and personal. She will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project! Just love it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the first wordbook I've ever seen and it's just awesome! I'm sure your MIL was thrilled to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very special. Love it.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is a great MoM book, any Mom would be tickled pink to get one. I bet she loved it.

    ReplyDelete