Friday, May 6, 2011

Four More Tuffets...

Today I continued to lower my fabric scrap stash and made four more tuffets....I wanted to make a few more for gifts, since I have given away all the others I have made. This time I added appliqué shapes to a couple random strip rectangles, which I thought turned out well. Again, these were adapted from the pattern "Tuffets" from the Schnibbles collection by Miss Rosie's Quilt Company. I was able to use my AccuQuilt GO! fabric cutter with the the 1" strip cutter die...along with the GO! Heart die and the GO! Star die to cut my scraps. I used wool fabric to back all of these pin pillows and added coordinating pins from my collection. Working on these was a nice break from a few personal and professional challenges I have been facing...a couple hours of sewing in the afternoon is always a "spirit lifter"...plus it allowed me to check another item off my ever-growing to-do list. Now I just have to make time to finish a Mother's Day gift for my mother-in-law...and it uses my new Cricut Expression cutting machine...so hopefully I can get it completed tomorrow morning. For now, I am off to walk Simba, cook dinner, and get to my stitching nest for a needlework marathon...my model for the Elegant Stitch Workshop is calling my name...

8 comments:

  1. They are so lovely. Hope your model stitching goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely batch of Tuffets, Belinda! I think my favorite in this batch is the one with the star applique! Have a good evening stitching on your model!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job, Brenda! They turned out great - I just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely gifts and lucky are those to receive them. It is a good way to use those small scraps of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beutiful Brenda! It is so nice to have some finishes. I love the fabrics that you combined.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They looked cute in the 1st pic, but that last close up is awesome! Have a good weekend and hopefully get your MIL's gift finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are adorable. I also like the watermelon

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your tuffet finishes, especially the red/burgundy toned one, and the pins.

    ReplyDelete