Friday, November 13, 2009

Merry Christmas Pillow

It has been an insane week - bagging, packaging and shipping the new designs to shops and distributors...along with my usual workload...a pile of finishing work for a customer...and trying to get some new designs charted and ready to stitch....but I am not complaining, busy is definitely a blessing! I took a sewing/quilting break today to try and maintain my sanity and get into the holiday spirit...

The center design is machine embroidery (Victorian Merry Christmas digitized by Embroidery Library). When I first saw this design, I knew exactly what fabric I wanted to use with it..."Christmas Past" by Polly Minick & Lauri Simpson for Moda...I had some yardage and a charm pack from this line in my stash, just waiting for the perfect project! I decided to make a holiday pillow with a pieced border....and I am so happy with the results! The pillow is 12"H x 16"W and has an envelope back.

I have also been working on some small sewing gifts - perfect for stocking stuffers...I will share these with you in the next few days.

Tomorrow will be spent making a short road trip to Cedar Rapids, Iowa for a family gathering...my husband's grandmother is turning 92 tomorrow and his family has planned a birthday celebration in her honor. A big luncheon and get together...should be an interesting day!

Enjoy your weekend...

4 comments:

  1. Oh it's beautiful! Sorry that you've been busy!! ~ Dawn ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty pillow, love the colors. Have a safe and fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your grandmother in law! Nice pillow :)

    ReplyDelete