Monday, December 2, 2013

Quilt Block Christmas

Like I mentioned in my last post, in the next few days, I will start shipping two new winter designs to needlework shops that participate in my automatic program...I am THRILLED to have two new seasonal pieces ready for you! Today I will tell you all about "Quilt Block Christmas" (BRD-117)...and you can read the previous post to find out all about "Woodland Tree Farm" (BRD-116).

Quilt Block Christmas combines my passion for needlework with my love of quilting. This design is perfect for framing...or select your favorite quilt blocks to make ornaments! The chartpack contains charting for the entire sampler/ornaments, stitching instructions, stitch diagrams, and complete finishing instructions for two styles of ornaments/fobs (backed with linen or backed with cotton/wool fabric). There are many other fun finishing ideas that can be taken from this design - you could easily make a needlebook or floss ring tag using one quilt block square....or make a pinkeep ...or create your own sampler by stitching a couple/few of your favorite blocks...one block, on it's own, makes a great small framed design...there are endless creative possibilities! I also have plans (in my spare time) to make an actual wall hanging quilt based on this design...

The models are stitched on 35-count Linen hand-dyed fabric from Weeks Dye Works...and a good hand-dyed substitute is Chantilly Creme from Lakeside Linens. I stitched the models with Weeks Dye Works cotton floss...and DMC conversions are provided.

Visit the following links for more information:


Look for this new design (along with "Woodland Tree Farm") in needlework shops very soon...I am hoping it will be ready for shipment in the next few days...

2 comments:

  1. What a terrific design, Belinda! I like how it can be stitched as one or as individual blocks. The possibilities are endless.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete