Friday, March 12, 2021

Goose Creek Gardens Fabric Tour
"Good for the Goose" Lap Quilt

Good for the Goose ©Copyright 2021 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com
Happy Friday - welcome to the Poppie Cotton Goose Creek Gardens Fabric Tour! I am thrilled to be one of the stops on this inspiring "designer hop." Today, I am sharing a new lap quilt design that I created with this gorgeous fabric collection. When I first had a look at these prints (months ago), I instantly knew I would be creating a new quilt...and this is one I am actually keeping for myself. It was quite enjoyable to put on my quilt designing hat again and work with Goose Creek Gardens by Michal Marko. This new collection has a such a calming color pallet and (as always) exquisite, tiny details. I truly "found my joy" while working on this project! Let's take a look at what I am calling "Good for the Goose"... 

My quilt design was created using EQ8 Software...I spent an afternoon playing around in the software with the fabric swatches...and this was the result. I used a traditional quilt block and enlarged it to a hefty 20" square (the pattern uses only squares and half square triangles) and added borders to my quilt top. I titled my quilt "Good for the Goose"...which seemed to fit perfectly. I tried to fussy cut the Goose Creek print to show off those geese...and I worked hard to piece them all in the same direction. The result is a nice sized lap quilt measuring 66" x  66" square...perfect for snuggling under on a cool day or taking on a picnic in the summertime sunshine! I have always quilted my own quilts on my domestic machine...but this one, I actually took to my local quilt shop (The Quilted Sunflower) and Leslie did a fantastic job quilting it on the longarm for me - I am beyond pleased. We actually found an all-over quilt pattern that is geese and hearts swirled together...and it is super cute...I couldn't be happier. I created a scrappy binding featuring as many of the dark red prints as possible...I wanted it to bring out the center of my quilt. The entire project just makes me happy!

Good for the Goose ©Copyright 2021 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Good for the Goose ©Copyright 2021 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com
Close up of the wonderful quilting...

Good for the Goose ©Copyright 2021 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Good for the Goose ©Copyright 2021 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

I have finished up the quilt pattern and it is available in my Etsy Shop, should you want to make a lap quilt of your very own. The pattern features the Goose Creek Gardens Collection, but is written in a way that you could use your favorite fat quarter stack. Goose Creek Gardens is available now, so be sure to check your favorite local shop or online shop to find these fabulous prints. I used a Goose Creek Gardens fat quarter stack along with yardage from the Poppie Cotton Country Confetti Collection for my background, borders and backing.

Good for the Goose ©Copyright 2021 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com
Pattern available here:
 https://www.etsy.com/listing/965365800/good-for-the-goose-lap-quilt-pattern

I hope you have enjoyed this stop on the fabric tour - thank you for visiting. Could you hear the joy in my post?! I am already working on projects for the next Poppie Cotton Fabric Tour in April...they are for the upcoming Kaisley Rose Collection...and I can't wait to share them with you...

For more features on the Poppie Cotton Goose Creek Gardens Fabric Tour, visit the Poppie Cotton Blog: https://poppiecotton.com/poppie-cotton-blog/, where each tour project is showcased (and there are some amazing pieces!).

Good for the Goose ©Copyright 2021 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Good for the Goose ©Copyright 2021 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

If you make a project from the Goose Creek Gardens Collection featured in this post, I would love to hear from you...happy sewing and quilting!

Stop back soon...I will be posting a look inside my local quilt shop in the next few days...you won't want to miss all the eye candy and inspiration...and see the marvelous shop behind the quilting on "Good for the Goose"...

4 comments:

  1. What a beauty you have created, dear Belinda! The fabric line is gorgeous and the geese/hearts quilting simply adds to the end result. I am glad that you are keeping it for yourself. Happy Friday! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quit , where do you find the time ?
    You are always so busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belinda: I could hear the joy in this post, it is such a lovely quilt, the color combination is perfect.
    Geese are on the rise again, I still have a few geese hanging around my sewing room, from back in the 70s, I love geese.
    Have a wonderful day

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete