Monday, January 27, 2014

Key To My Heart

I just love working on projects for Valentine's Day - it makes me happy to work with red, pink, and white fabrics...and I have fun with heart shapes/motifs. I have been working with various Valentine fabrics in my stash, along with an assortment of wool felts, and enjoying every minute of it! I managed to finish up a pile of pincushions (tiny decorative pillows) - the pincushion tops are machine appliqué (assorted felts on quality quilting fabric)...and the backs are quilting fabric, as well (the retired collection Hearts Aflutter by Sandy Gervais for Moda). On several pieces, I added a small pink lace flower for a special touch...and each one has a couple decorative pins too! They are various sizes - some square and some rectangular...and I was just tickled with how each one turned out...

If you are looking for a sweet (inedible) Valentine treat to add to your collection...or if you are looking for a special gift...you can find a dozen of these heartfelt pincushions listed in my Etsy shop, ready for shipping...


3 comments:

  1. Wow, Belinda! Love your hearts! Nice and cheerful!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hearts ... My fav crafting things to do is the Fall & Winter seasons ! ! This is how I fell-in-love with your cross stitch patterns ! !
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete