Friday, October 4, 2013

"Redbirds Rejoice"

Have you picked up the Just CrossStitch 2013 Special Christmas Ornament Issue yet?? I finally received my designer copy in the mail yesterday (along with my ornament model)...and although I haven't found the time to devour the issue yet, I did make a moment to glance through the pages. My 2013 ornament is called "Redbirds Rejoice" and can be found on page 15 of this special publication. My ornament is stitched on Mocha linen by Weeks Dye Works using Weeks Dye Works cotton floss (I also provided DMC conversions) and uses Cross Stitch over-one and Cross Stitch over-two....but, as always, I encourage you to use your favorite fabric and threads. This ornament is a flat-finish (not sure why the magazine referred to "pillow-ornament" finishing?) with two-color twisted cord...and I am just thrilled with the results. I also included a recipe for Gingerbread Bundt Cake that smells AMAZING when baking and tastes phenomenal! Make sure to check out this favorite issue - it can currently be found at your favorite needlework shop and on newsstands...and at $9.99 for 76 designs, it is quite the bargain! It is the perfect time of year to start stitching holiday ornaments and gifts...


5 comments:

  1. I love this little ornament it is adorable, I hope mine comes very soon I am jumping to get started on my ornaments.
    Thank-you for contributing to the magazine, without great designers like you we would not have such lovely things to stitch.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another winning ornament, Belinda! I love your red birds! Thank you for sharing your design and recipe with us!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hardly wait to receive my mag as this one is a must stitch! I'm hoping it will arrive next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did buy mine last week. I finished three pieces so far. Much better selection then last year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to receiving my cope of the mag in the mail soon! The BRD ornie is very sweet, congratulations

    ReplyDelete