Friday, October 18, 2013

Friendship Friday (A Week Late)...

This past week has been a bit of a whirlwind and my schedule has been quite full. We took our German Shepherd puppy (Schatzi) up to Minnesota last weekend for two months of training...plus my husband had bicep surgery on Tuesday to repair a torn tendon...so with my normal intense schedule and my training walks, I have been doing my best to find some sort of balance. My husband's surgery went as well as can be expected and he should be healed up in several months...and we are definitely missing our baby girl, but she is in great hands at her training boot camp (plus, she has her mom and four siblings to keep her company). The photo was taken in our kitchen a few days before we took her up to MN (70.2 pounds)...she likes to help/watch me cook...

I did get together with my dear friends (Lorrie and Mary) last Friday for an afternoon road trip...and yes, Mary brought me another ADORABLE squirrel (shown right) - isn't it just the cutest?! We went to one of our very favorite quilt shops - Quilts and Other Notions in Creston, Iowa. Oh, how we LOVE this shop - always something fun and new - a HUGE selection of fabrics, trims, and notions - and THE BEST customer service around! It is an hour or so drive - but worth every single minute - plus it gives us time to catch-up and giggle. As always, we were all good little shoppers and found an assortment of treasures to take home. This wonderful quilt shop also has a fabulous "Creative Center" right next door where they entertain and hold classes and retreats...and last weekend was their retreat weekend, so creativity was everywhere...and while I was paying for my purchases, Lorrie and Mary slipped next door with Joyce (the shop owner) to see all the attendees in action. It was a lovely afternoon with my girlfriends and the perfect way to kick off the busy week ahead...

Here are several patterns that called my name...the shop had ladybug models
hanging on the wall from "The Ladies" pattern that were ADORABLE...
and I must make a "Flutterby" Bee Pincushion...

I *HAD TO* have both of these fabrics...
Left - Collage by Carrie Bloomston for Such Designs (Windham Fabrics)
Right - Nevermore Collection by Gillian Fullard/London Portfolio for Michael Miller Fabrics

A couple more cuts of Winter's Lane by Kate & Birdie Paper Co. for Moda to add to my collection...

I loved this redwork style fabric by Marcus Brothers Textiles...
I am guessing it is an older fabric, as to my surprise it was on sale for $3.00/yard...
I thought it would be fun for fussy cutting...
I am now headed back to my stitching nest...I have been busy working on a set of design models for Annie's Publishing that will accompany a "learning to cross stitch" video I am shooting with/for them early next year...more details on this in the future. I also have a holiday design to finish up, so I can get it to my framer....and a new magazine piece to design...it should be a very creative weekend!

4 comments:

  1. What a cute squirrel to be gifted! Glad you were able to get away for a bried bit of time with your friends! Thank you for sharing an updated picture of Schatzi! Sending along well wishes for your husband's shoulder!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky Schatzi getting formal training, the fabrics are lovely and the lady bugs are so cute, as for the redwork I thought it was a quilt at first look, love it.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belinda,
    You are always on the go. What a cute puppy and he will be trained before you know it. Sounds like you had a great day out with your friends. The squirrel is adorable. The patterns and fabric look like fun. My husband had bicep surgery last year. Good luck to your husband on his recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This article gives me a great help , I want to share more of this good article, the article that I find very good information in the article , I learned a lot
    voyance gratuite en ligne

    ReplyDelete