Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Work In Progress...

"Can you bend it?" (the first question asked to me by my husband after smashing my finger while we were doing some snow and ice removal)...it was a freak accident...and my poor first finger (the pointer) on my dominant hand was crushed...and there is a high possibility it could be broken. So for the last few days, I have been barely able to type or grip anything...and even worse, I have been unable to hold a needle....but yes, "I can bend it". Thank goodness, the ice and ibuprofen must be doing the trick, because it is much better today (with the exception of it being horrible shades of black, blue, and purple)...and I have been typing gingerly and have even been doing some model stitching! It is a good day...and I am finally able to type a blog update...

So I thought I would share with you the machine needle felted journal with some embellishing. To me, pieces like this are always a "work in progress"...all of a sudden I will feel the need to add something...so it could definitely "grow" and change over time. I added lots of fun machine stitches with rayon, metallic, and cotton threads...some beads....and some buttons. I like to have sketch books and notebooks readily available to jot down ideas, phrases, and design layouts...pretty much anything I think of that sparks my creativity. This little journal with bright and springy colors will be the perfect place to record things that inspire me...

3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I hope your finger gets better quickly! Ouch! And your pointer on your stitching hand -- yikes!

    I love your journal -- how beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, my first thought about your needle felting project was "that's the way my mom cooks". And most of the time it works. looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! Sounds painful! Here's to a speedy finger recovery!

    Your journal is so cute!

    ReplyDelete