Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Quilting and Personalizing

This weekend I was lucky enough to do some quilting...and I just had to share this finish with you! It is a quilted journal cover and was made for my friend Mary for her birthday. The pattern is actually a freebie from the Quilts and More Magazine Quarterly Challenge...with my own little twist. I knew I wanted to add some personalization...so I used my new 4D monogram software to create a small patch that was added to the front. The journal is actually a composition notebook that can easily be found at any office supply store (especially with all the back-to-school sales starting) - it measures 9 3/4" x 7 1/2"...the perfect size for making a list, taking notes, or writing down your personal thoughts. In fact, I was so pleased with how this turned out, I am already picking fabrics to make more (maybe even one for myself)!

3 comments:

  1. Oh that's cute. I love it. Thanks for post the freebie. I might do one for my niece. ~ Dawn ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would make such a cute gift! And I can see my little gal drooling over a notebook like that. I love how you made it personalized. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The journal cover turned out so nice.
    I think your friend will be delighted with her gift.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete