Thursday, August 27, 2009

Catching Up...

Hello readers...I've missed you! This last week has been quite hectic, with little time to even think about writing a blog post. I have finally bagged and shipped the new designs to auto shops and distributors and they will be arriving at your favorite needlework shops as early as next week...with the job of getting them packaged/shipped out of the way, I am finally catching up with multiple other tasks...including a post about my trip to Galena, IL last Friday...

Last week, I actually took a day off and went to Galena, IL to meet up with my dear friend (and fellow stitcher) Terri...she lives in Illinois, so we planned Galena as a meeting place. We had the best time...minus the rain. We got to do some great shopping...eat some wonderful food (and ice cream)...and got to chat the day away...it was exactly what I needed. To make the day even more perfect, we went to The Timeless Needle - a beautiful needlework and lace shop - I LOVED IT! They had tons of models (including some of my designs)...a wonderful fabric selection....tons of threads...and even some special needlework accessories...oh, and did I mention lace - TONS of amazing lace....what a treat! I enjoyed visiting with Kathleen and she was quite helpful as we shopped the multiple rooms of merchandise. It was so refreshing to visit this fabulous shop! While we were there, I picked up a unique hand felted wool pincushion, made by a local artist (Catherine Fontana - The Warped Ewe) - I admired the quality of her pincushions...and there were a number of them to choose from...I chose a beautiful green one with hand embroidered sunflowers and a gold button on top...after all, a girl can never have too many pincushions. After the needlework shop, we visited the quilt shop, the fiber/yarn shop, the bead shop...and of course the chocolate shop! I enjoyed it so much, I am already looking forward to a return trip (hopefully this fall)....
Thank you Terri for a most enjoyable day!

4 comments:

  1. Loved reliving our excursion through your post. I had an awesome time! Can't wait to do it again, but like you said, minus the rain!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys had blas ttime. Wish I could be with your guys. I need fun time!! I love that pic of shop. I should take one of Salty Yarns. ~ Dawn ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your friend. I love meeting up with my stitching friends. Glad you enjoyed it. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful place!!!

    ReplyDelete