Monday, September 11, 2023

Garden Party Fabric Tour

Bunny Bouquet ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com
Greetings friends, happy Monday! I am thrilled to be today's stop on the Garden Party Fabric Tour - thank you so much for stopping by for a visit. I had so much fun playing with this sweet, delicate garden collection and have a selection of projects to share...all created with the new Garden Party Fabric Collection designed by Sheri McCulley for Poppie Cotton. I enjoyed being creative and playing with these adorable prints. This brand new collection (shipping to shops this month) has the cutest bunnies, bluebirds, strawberries, gardening tools, and fabulous florals…all done in a cheerful color palette. This
Poppie Cotton collection brings me happiness and I knew a brand new wall hanging for my studio was going to be in the works. This month, for the quilt, I didn't use a pattern - in fact, I just started playing, using Sheri's design motif of a bunny in a watering can as inspiration. I also whipped up a patchwork zippered bag using my Pretty Posies Pouch pattern...and a couple cube pincushions...

To start, I created a wall hanging with a large, center, appliqué focal block...then I built on it with "square in a square" traditional blocks, fussy cutting the centers. The center block was created by adapting one of Sheri's motifs in her fabric collection and making it my own - I am calling it "Bunny Bouquet." It measures 30" x 30" and has hanging pockets on the back to make it easy to display. I used a fat quarter stack of Garden Party, along with several Farmhouse Favorites (Country Confetti in Marshmallow White and Cotton Candy)…plus a small amount of fabric from my stash for the stems and bunny appliqué). I quilted it myself on my domestic machine (stitch in the ditch and around the appliqué) and it turned out even better than I envisioned. "Bunny Bouquet" is currently hanging in my studio above my sewing machine table. I don't know if I will write a pattern for it, as I adapted some of Sheri's artwork - I would have to check with her, but leave a comment or send me a message if you would like to see me release a pattern for it (and yes, a pattern for my last Poppie Cotton quilt "Farmstead Finds" is forthcoming)…

Bunny Bouquet ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Bunny Bouquet ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Bunny Bouquet ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Next, I made the cutest patchwork box-bottom pouch with wrist strap! I used my own pattern (Pretty Posies Pouch) and fussy cut some of the focal motifs in this lovely fabric collection. I used a light pink zipper with a white zipper pull tab...and the wrist strap and backing fabric are in the "Lovely Lattice" print from this collection. 

Pretty Posies Pouch ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Pretty Posies Pouch ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Finally, I created a couple cube pincushions. These measure 3" x 3" x 2" and are so much fun to make! I love finding the perfect fabrics for the tops and sides. They are stuffed with crushed walnut shells...and the pins are from Puntini Puntini (my very favorite!).

Cube Pincushion ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Cube Pincushion ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

I hope you have enjoyed this stop on the fabric tour and are feeling inspired - thank you for visiting with me today. For more creative projects using the Garden Party fabric collection, visit the Poppie Cotton Blog. If you love this fabric collection, be sure to check out your favorite quilt shop - Garden Party is shipping this month.

I am already working on my project ideas for the next Poppie Cotton Fabric Tour in October - it is using the fabric collection "Hide and Seek" (click on the link to see a preview!). Plus, I will have a new Therm O Web project tutorial posted on September 19th, as well (think autumn and Halloween - it is a FUN one!)…so, be sure to stop back soon...

Bunny Bouquet ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed watching you created these items via the pictures shared on IG, dear friend. I am not surprised that the squirrel was used for one of your cube pincushions. This fabric line is so fresh looking and adorable. Well done on creating a new wall hanging that makes you smile for your studio. The pouch is adorable. Have a great week! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Those are all so cute!!! You definitely have been busy lately!! I love them all but you know how big a fan I am of your bags! I hope to finish setting up my sewing room so I can make one of those bags using your pattern that I have bought also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More squirrels! 😁 All of these pieces are delightful. I especially love the use of the small motifs in the square on square blocks. And those pincushions are just perfect. So sweet and clever! ~Ruth

    ReplyDelete