Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Six Bats and a Black Cat - New Cross Stitch

Six Bats and a Black Cat ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com
Greetings friends - I'm so happy you stopped by for a visit today!

First of all, thank you so much for the super sweet comments and messages regarding my Poppie Cotton fabric designs and my Therm O Web projects - I am so thrilled you like all the patterns, projects, and tutorials I have been working on! I look forward to sharing more patterns and tutorials with you in the coming months.

My overnight schedule has me pretty much upside-down (and truthfully, a bit cranky), but it means less interruptions, so I have been working on all sorts of creative projects...and today, I am here to tell you all about one of those projects....yes, it's a new cross stitch design alert! I just released a brand new cross stitch pattern called "Six Bats and a Black Cat" and it is available in both paper pattern and digital format in my Etsy shop. This "merry not scary" Halloween design contains charting for the framed design (in both color and black & white), stitching instructions, and stitch diagrams. 

Long time fans may recall a similar design I allowed Just Cross Stitch to publish over ten years ago. I always maintain all my design rights and I have wanted to release this pattern in my print/digital catalog for quite some time...with my own branding, in my own style, with my specifics and details. Magazines always make changes for space and adjust wording, finishing, photography, and even provided details - this drives me a bit crazy, as I am very particular about my brand and my artwork. I have a pile of classic designs that were published in magazines, that will be added to my design catalog, where they belong...with my personal vision and attention to detail!

Here are a few more details...

Six Bats and a Black Cat (BRD-133)

Six Bats and a Black Cat ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

When I created this design, I planned it square, so it could not only be put in a frame, but it would look good in a tray, or on a box top, or as a pillow. The motifs around the border and throughout the design were created to work well for Halloween feather tree ornaments. It is in my usual Halloween style, which means it is more classic and happy, versus scary and gory....I am definitely a "Merry Halloween" girl!

The model was stitched with The Gentle Art Sampler Threads and DMC conversions are included.

I stitched it on 32-count Sand Dune (Standard) from Lakeside Linens, but it would look great on any orange, brown, gold or natural linen - any linen dark enough to show the white ghosts. On 32-count fabric, the design measures 7.5" x 7.5".

Stitches include: Cross Stitch over two linen threads, Back Stitch, French or Colonial Knots, Satin Stitch, and Smyrna Cross...diagrams are provided...and the specialty stitches can easily be converted to cross stitch for those who are working on Aida or shy away from specialty stitches.

Paper pattern: https://blueribbondesigns.etsy.com/listing/1575848945

Digital pattern: https://blueribbondesigns.etsy.com/listing/1575851785

I truly hope you find the new design a great addition to my catalog and my vast array of Halloween designs!

Six Bats and a Black Cat ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Next up, I will be adding a couple new sewing/quilting patterns to my catalog, so stay tuned for that...

...and, I have needlework finishing and custom work to complete for clients...piles of sewing to complete for my Etsy shop...another project tutorial for the Therm O Web Blog that will be available in October...plus my blog will be a stop on the Hide and Seek Fabric Tour for Poppie Cotton in a few weeks, so I will be back to visit with you again before you know it! 

Also - by popular demand, I have added more sets of wool felted acorns to my Etsy shop - this time they are in brighter, cheerful colors. Stop by my shop to see what is currently available...

©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Thanks for stopping by today and for always being so supportive of my creativity...💗

3 comments:

  1. What a darling Halloween piece, dear friend! And those acorns are top notch! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this Halloween chart. Just placed my order. And of course some of those acorns jumped into my cart. Can’t wait to see what other designs you are coming with. You spoil us with such fun projects for quilting and stitching - we’re doubly blessed! Be well, ~Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello belinda: So sorry I have not been commenting, I have an ill husband, I just want to tell you that you are a very bright lady for keeping the rights to your designs, you are amazing.
    The Halloween design is adorable, love the acorns so cute.
    I am looking forward to seeing the hide and seek fabric tour.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete