Wednesday, September 20, 2023

2-in-1 Pumpkin Patch Wall Hanging

2-in-1 Pumpkin Patch Wall Hanging ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com
Greetings friends - happy Wednesday! It is new project tutorial day - time to share my September post for the Therm O Web Blog with you! As a Fabric Education Designer for Therm O Web (they are the makers of all those wonderful HeatnBond and SpraynBond products), I create projects and tutorials for their very popular blog each month. I share a fun, new project and give you my tips and tricks for using their products. For the month of September, the blog is focused on fall and Halloween designs (and we got bonus points for creating a project that can be used for Halloween AND transition into fall). I created a brand new project that was posted yesterday - it is a complete project tutorial for my "2-in-1 Pumpkin Patch Wall Hanging." This seasonal quilted wall hanging contains a complete supply list, printable pattern with templates, a layout diagram, and step-by-step directions with color photos. The model uses cotton quilting fabric (autumn prints) and wool blend felt from Benzie Design (my favorite), but I encourage you to use fabrics you have on hand, to make this small quilt your own. I hope you will stop by the Therm O Web blog and check out my project and tutorial...

About this design and what makes it a special "2-in-1" project:
The base quilt is traditional quilt blocks - created using the foundation piecing method. The wool felt pumpkins are appliquéd in place, but the wool felt jack-o-lantern faces naturally adhere to the pumpkins for a little Halloween charm (wool felt naturally adheres to itself)! This makes this project perfect for decorating all autumn season…and a great project for kids, as the facial pieces are interchangeable and can be moved around…then, simply remove the jack-o-lantern faces for fall decorating…

2-in-1 Pumpkin Patch Wall Hanging ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

This is seasonal sewing project that is perfect for fat quarters or a jelly roll or scraps. I foundation pieced the quilt, using StitchnSew EZ Print Quilt Block Sheets (oh how I love these sheets for foundation piecing!!). For this post, I also used HeatnBond Lite EZ-Print Iron-On Adhesive Sheets, HeatnBond Fusible Fleece, and SpraynBond Pattern & Stencil Spray...plus, I give you tips for using each item! Visit the tutorial post for a complete and detailed supply list.

Let's talk about the StitchnSew EZ Print Quilt Block Sheets. We all know, I love the foundation piecing method (I have taught several classes on this technique and I have several patterns that use this technique). StitchnSew EZ Quilt Block Sheets provide great stabilization/support and are easily removed by tearing away, up to the stitches, without distorting stitches/embroidery. These sheets are super soft and tear easily....and they are made to fit your inkjet printer, so you can print directly on the material! I can't tell you how much I love these sheets compared to regular foundation piecing paper - they are my new favorite thing!


If you have questions on any Therm O Web products or would like to see a specific type of product in one of my projects, drop me a comment or email.

You will have to visit the Therm O Web blog for my complete tutorial and pattern, but I am posting a few photos here...

2-in-1 Pumpkin Patch Wall Hanging ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

2-in-1 Pumpkin Patch Wall Hanging ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Here is a direct link to the project tutorial:

I hope this project gets you excited to create something special and unique...

I am creating monthly projects for the Therm O Web blog and will be sure to post here, when I do...my project for October is scheduled to be posted on October 17th...and, as always, I am working on a very fun, seasonal idea!

Thank you for stopping by for a visit today - I always enjoy sharing with you. Enjoy the rest of your week and make time to work on something creative...

2-in-1 Pumpkin Patch Wall Hanging ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

2-in-1 Pumpkin Patch Wall Hanging ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. This is so adorable, Belinda. Part of me wishes I was still in the classroom as this would have been a perfect piece to display outside my classroom door. Where did you find the metal hanger?

    ReplyDelete