Wednesday, October 16, 2019

On Top of the World

Hello friends - I am finally back with a long overdue blog post from our recent trip to Colorado and Utah...I'm sure you know how it is...take a vacation, then spend weeks playing catch-up with work obligations. We had a another great off-road trip - fresh mountain air - nature - time with friends....beauty in the journey. It was a TON of driving (ten days in all), but I enjoyed the quality time with my husband...and I came home refreshed and a little lighter - spending time outdoors always gives me a feeling of calm and helps me see "the bigger picture." We spent time on the trails in Ouray, CO (and the surrounding area) and Moab, UT....and I took a million and one photos (what's new??) and gained some perspective, while finding inspiration for new creative projects! The seasonal autumn colors were just starting to appear...and the mountaintops were snow-capped.  I will let the images do the talking (I'm just posting a few favorites) - and then I'll post a short general update at the end....



















I hope you enjoyed this glimpse of the scenery we encountered during our trip!

For now, it is back to work with all sorts of holiday orders on the horizon. I have somewhere around one hundred pieces of needlework finishing to complete for clients (my holiday deadline was September 30th) and I have been working on all sorts of project bags...the Christmas rush is on! I will be posting a few updates soon with images I can actually share. I have been working on new cross stitch designs and model stitching...plus working behind the scenes on my website and upcoming newsletter...along with creating/listing items in my Etsy shop - things are humming along and it is a joy to be creative/artistic every single day. Oh...and I just finished a new Halloween model for the 2020 Halloween issue of Just CrossStitch magazine. Yep - it's crazy busy here!

Thanks for visiting with me today - I'm so happy you stopped by...and I hope you'll be back soon...

5 comments:

  1. Wow that looks a great trip.
    I am still playing catch up after our holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures. My kind of vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow a house on a cliff wow. Love the photo's I love autumn and nature nice picture with hubby. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a fantastic trip.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous photos you shared from your trip, Belinda! It looked like you had incredible weather for you trip into Utah and Colorado!

    ReplyDelete