Thursday, September 1, 2016

Sugar Cookie Friendship Quilt

Hello friends! I am guest posting on the AccuQuilt Blog today...go take a look and read all about my Sugar Cookie Friendship Quilt. This mini quilt (measuring 20" x 20") was designed especially for gift giving, but there's no shame in making one for yourself!

It is the perfect size for a wall hanging or table topper...it combines traditional piecing (Ohio Star quilt blocks) and easy appliqué (circles and hearts). Each block measures 5" finished...and for cutting all the pieces, I used the GO! Qube Specialty Set-Serendipity by Edyta Sitar (oh how I love this Qube - I just adore the small shapes! - and it is full of FUN ideas - I am going to get TONS of use out of this set - if you haven't looked at it yet, definitely check it out!).

I provide a full detailed tutorial for this mini project (with images) that will have you sewing up your own friendship quilt in no time! Stop by the AccuQuilt Blog for all the details...
https://www.accuquilt.com/blog/education/go-project-tutorials/sugar-cookie-friendship-quilt-a-quilting-tutorial/





I was super excited to gift this special quilt to a dear friend last week - she inspired the project...and my sample uses her favorite colors!

It has been a finishing frenzy in my studio the last couple weeks! I have completed piles of fun projects (trying to clean my tables before my mini vacation to South Dakota) and I will be back tomorrow to share a bunch with you...see you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Belinda, what a sweet project you created! I always enjoy seeing the fun and creative things you come up with. Have a fabulous day! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete