Wednesday, May 11, 2016

A Colorful Catch-Up

Since my last post, I have been in extreme creative mode (full disclosure, I am usually in extreme creative mode!). It has been a busy couple weeks in my studio...finishing work, designing work, custom orders, birthday projects, Mother's Day projects, and model stitching (along with a few things I can't show you just yet). Here is a glimpse at some of my recent finishes...

Finishing order from a customer...two cross stitch Prairie Schooler Santas to
be finished into pillow ornaments...I chose the materials and finishing technique...



Customer order for zippered project and tool bags in progress....

Two finished project bags and three finished tool pouches for a customer...

Mother's Day gifts in progress...



A birthday gift for a dear friend...my own pattern designs...a tote bag and coordinating
zippered bag - fabric is long retired (Beach House by Blackbird Designs for Moda).

A "Slouchy Backpack" made at a special friend's request...I love how it turned out!
Pattern: The Slouchy Backpack by Bonnie Christine
Fabrics: Modern Mixers II by Studio E Fabrics

I also have to mention something truly special that arrived in my mailbox. One of the things I love about social media is connecting with fellow stitchers, sewists and quilters from around the world - and I feel extremely blessed to have a fabulous circle of virtual friends. As I have matured, I have learned to surround myself with those who make me want to be a better person - those who have a positive outlook on life - and those who are filled with joy. Through my love of quilting/sewing, I met an AMAZING online friend who fills all three of those categories - she has the biggest heart and is always giving to others - she is one of those people who truly makes a difference. Last week, I was on the receiving end of her kindness - she mailed me an extraordinary package that brightened my day more than you can imagine. It included a very special AccuQuilt cutting die and a lovely assortment of Aurifil Thread (my very favorite thread, but a little out of my price range for daily sewing)...and it was wrapped and tied in beautiful batik fabric with a handwritten note. This RAK lifted my spirits and put me in a happy, creative, colorful place...it even makes me smile to look at this photo....I can't wait to make time to play with the little butterfly die (hopefully in the next day or two)....


I have a pile of projects on my sewing table (as usual), so there will be more photos to share with you VERY soon...but for now, I will leave you with an image of the fabrics I am currently working with - aren't they cheerful?! Enjoy the rest of your week and take a little time to do something you enjoy...

8 comments:

  1. WOW Belinda, you have been busy as usual and I love that bag and zipper case to match. Your friend will be thrilled to get this. I love my backpack and I am getting so many compliments. Thank you again. Those threads are to die for. Happy week to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the bag and pouch (and counting pins)! You know me so well, and it made my birthday extra special. Thank you so much! Happy Thursday to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather has been so dreary here, your pictures cheered me up. Love all the projects you made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects and yo have been busy as usual Belinda! What a wonderful gift of that die and all those threads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I love seeing your creativity sparked. What fabulous items you have created and what a wonderful package you received! Thank you again for taking on my projects; love my finished ornaments and the bags.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. the PS ornaments are wonderful ! so creative and all the bags - OOH LA LA - some lucky stitchers are getting goodies. what a lovely gift from a friend. Virtual friends are just as good and real as local friends, I value them all - Cheers Mel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of your finishes, especially the Santa ornaments!

    ReplyDelete