Thursday, May 19, 2016

Spring Projects and Creative Sparks

It is a lovely, sunny afternoon in central Iowa...and Schatzi and I just returned home from a 6+ mile training walk. I love this time of year when beautiful blooms are around every corner and the air is fresh and clean. I have been getting in my walks and training each day and I continue to be full of inspiration in my studio...plus I am spring cleaning and simplifying a room per day (so far I have the dining room and kitchen complete and I will be working on the living room tonight). There is something refreshing about deep cleaning each spring and letting go of unused items - and with my husband away on business for two weeks, it is the perfect time - for me, a room a day is manageable and I can fit it into my busy schedule.

Here are a few photos since my last post...several completed pieces from my studio and some inspiring images from my training walks...

Another fun zippered project bag I  created for a birthday gift...
I love it when fussy cutting works perfectly!
Fabric is long retired - Garden Party by Blackbird Designs for Moda.

Tote bag I created to match the project bag - both my own designs...
this set was sent to a very dear friend for her birthday...
Fabric is long retired - Garden Party by Blackbird Designs for Moda.

Miss Schatzi and I were startled by a female mallard duck flying out of a bush...
then we saw this amazing nest with eight eggs...

Sweet pea plants in bloom at my local park...

All the recent rain has brought out the blooms...this was my first daisy spotting...

Another zippered pouch made for a faraway friend's birthday...I placed several
wrapped treasures inside...

 These five custom "tea themed" zippered project bags and tool pouches
shipped out to a new home yesterday...

I spotted a beautiful iris garden on my walk this afternoon - this beauty stood out to me...
perhaps a bit of inspiration for a future project...

Time to get Simba walked, have a bite to eat, finish up another quilting project...and then get to work on today's spring cleaning. I hope you are having a happy and productive week!

4 comments:

  1. I love the pictures from your training walks. Each one of your sewing/quilting projects are super, Belinda. Love the tote/project bags! Enjoy your weekend!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures a lovely...love that pouch. Someone will certainly love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh love what you have been making, you always seem to pick the right fabrics! Good eye, unlike myself!
    I have been following your training and your doing a great job! GO YOU!! Loving all the lovely wildlife and flower photos too. How special and precious to stumble across those duck eggs in their nest.
    Happy training and creating!
    Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those bags and the zippered pouches ... think I need to come for some lessons ... can you come here and help me spring clean to ..lol
    glad you are getting your training in too and oooooo what a lot of eggs in that nest ....love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete