Saturday, May 24, 2014

Saturday Samplings....

Wow - who hijacked my week?? - how can it possibly be Saturday already?? It seems like I blinked and my entire week was gone. It has been a creative and productive few days and I have several fun things to share...

I started my week finishing up several large sewing/quilting commission jobs (which I can't share, just yet)...but I did manage to get in some late night stitching time. I have been working on my 2014 "pink" design every evening - this special fundraising design will only be available to those who make a donation to my 3-day 60-mile walk in Dallas this year...and just like "Red Rosies and Pink Posies" from last year, ALL proceeds will benefit the Komen 3-Day. It is an autumn design and I am still working on a title for it...more details will be coming soon - but for now here is a second sneak peek (you can see the first peek here)...

I also made time to start doing the appliqué and/or quilting on more covers for my stitching wallets - these will be headed to my Etsy shop, once complete. Yep, I still plan to put an assortment of my stitching wallets up for sale - it is just having/making the time to get them put together. There will be several different cover styles and I am working with a variety of fabrics. I enjoy playing with the hexagon shapes and using my machine to appliqué them in place, but they are quite labor intensive - I just need more hours in each day to accomplish everything I want to do...but I will get these finished up and post here when they are ready to go into the shop.

...and if you read my AccuQuilt Block Party Blog Hop post on Monday, then you know I had put together some pincushion tops using leftover shapes from my deck pillows...another wonderful project I made using the new AccuQuilt GO! Simple Shapes die by Edyta Sitar. I actually finished up the pincushions this week, and was quite pleased. Machine appliqué is one of my favorite ways to spend my day - it makes my heart happy - so these were a joy to work on - in fact, I may have to put together a few more! I'm not sure what I am going to do with these three yet - they may become gifts...or they may end up in my Etsy shop...I'm still deciding.

I have been truly inspired by all the posts in the Block Party Blog Hop - this entire group is amazingly talented and creative...so if you haven't had a chance to check out the other posts, take a minute or two to peruse the following links (you won't be disappointed!)...and there is still a week left in the hop, so more wonderful posts are still to come...

May 19th – Samplings from a Blue Ribbon Girl  (that's me!)
May 20th – Beaquilter
May 21st – Freemotion by the River
May 22nd – May Chappell
May 23rd – Sew Incredibly Crazy
May 24th – Laundry Basket Quilts
May 26th – Inventive Denim
May 27th – Sew Fresh Quilts
May 28th – Quilt in a Day
May 29th – Nancy Mahoney Designs
May 30th – Ray’s Sew Crafty

Here are a few close-up shops of my bright and cheerful pincushions....




Time to get back in the studio...I want to get more sewing/quilting done on my stitching wallets while the house is quiet...I also want to get more work done on my new website...and I have to get in a training walk...and of course, I have stitching to do! Enjoy your weekend...

6 comments:

  1. Adorable pincushions, Belinda! Thank you for another sneak peek of your "pink" design! Love the birdy!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pincushions are beautiful, the colors are very cheerful and the pins match perfectly. Can't wait to see the finished design, it is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You say you need more hours in the day to do all you want to do, and I ask... where do you find the time to do all that you already did?? And I'll bet the training walks are in there too somewhere :) Love your work Belinda - the pin cushions are too cute! Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charming stitching and love the cushions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just checking in to see how you are doing??? You rarely go this long without posting something - hope you are well, just busy stitching and training for Dallas!

    ReplyDelete