Wednesday, May 7, 2014

So Happy Together

Moving right along this week, I completed another gift on my list...this time a miniature red and white quilt. I had so much fun putting this together yesterday and then finishing it up by hand sewing the binding last night...I am just thrilled with how it turned out. It is approximately 17.5" x 17.5" and I am excited to ship it to it's new home. I just adore this redwork style fabric by Marcus Brothers Textiles (it is quite old and doesn't have any other information on the selvage)...when I purchased it, I thought it would be fun for fussy cutting...and it was a bargain on sale for $3.00/yard...that was last October - and now I wish I had a bunch more! I used my AccuQuilt Fabric Cutter to cut strips for the border and fussy cut four of the red squares for cornerstones...the backing fabric is also a favorite (a gift from a dear friend) - it is Love Letters by Sharyn Sowell for Clothworks. I hope I have enough fabric left to make a couple more - I know someone else that I would like to give one to for a special occasion....I'll be measuring what I have left this afternoon.



I know many of you asked me about my new stitching wallets and if I would add some finished ones to my Etsy shop...well, I got 6 cut and ready for sewing/quilting yesterday and plan to prepare a few more today before I sit down at my sewing machine and begin working this week. They are quite labor intensive with the machine appliqué, so I want to have a bunch ready to go - that way I can work on them in "assembly line" style. I'll post here when I have some completed...


Finally today - I just had to share a photo I snapped late yesterday afternoon...it was taken at our front door where both dogs (our Shih Tzu Simba and our German Shepherd Schatzi) were enjoying the sun...I just love it when they can happily share the same space...


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous picture of Schatzi and Simba! I am glad they are able to co-exist with each other! What a terrific red and white quilt you have created, Belinda! Super news about the stitch wallets going to appear in your Etsy shop!

    Enjoy the rest of your week!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is lovely. Cute pic of the pups.

    ReplyDelete