Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Sunflower Serenade

Blue Ribbon Designs - Sunflower Serenade Chart Cover
I'm back to share more Blue Ribbon Designs news with you. Yesterday I shared my big announcement that I have designed a mystery sampler for the Norden Crafts Mystery Sampler Club (thank you all for the very positive feedback!)...and today I am sharing the first of two new releases with you!

I have two new designs ready to start shipping within the next week (Sunflower Serenade and Berries, Birds, and Blooms)...today we will talk about BRD-107 "Sunflower Serenade". This is a Midwest/Kansas-inspired design - it features a few of the Kansas state symbols: the state flower (Sunflower), the state bird (Western Meadowlark), and the state insect (Honeybee). This piece was actually designed for a special class I taught for the Heart's Desire Cross Stitch Camp...but I had so much wonderful feedback, I decided to release it in my regular line. As winter continues to arrive, I thought I would release a couple pieces with a springtime feel to keep your stitching rotation bright and cheerful! This design chart contains charting for the sampler and two needlework smalls - a scissor fob and a pin pillow with a place to attach your scissors....it also includes stitching instructions, stitch diagrams, complete finishing instructions for both the needlework smalls (including a paper template to help you cut the hexagons for the pin pillow), and an alphabet/numbers for personalization. The models were stitched on 28-count Jobelan Bone fabric - but I also suggest a linen: 30 or 35-count Baby's Breath by Weeks Dye Works....and for threads, I used Weeks Dye Works cotton floss - but a DMC conversion is also provided.

Blue Ribbon Designs Sunflower Serenade

Blue Ribbon Designs - Sunflower Serenade Needlework Smalls

You can find all the details and a complete materials list on my website:
www.blueribbondesigns.com/BRD107%20Specifics.html 
...and additional photos can be found here:
www.blueribbondesigns.com/Sunflower%20Serenade.html

Automatic shop orders start shipping tomorrow and distributor orders will be shipping next week - so look for this new design to arrive at your favorite needlework shop (or online at your favorite webshop) very soon!
(NOTE: before you comment/post "I don't have a local needlework shop" - contact the shop where you purchase your stitching stash (charts and supplies)...it can be a local shop OR an online needlework shop...OR visit the "Locate" page on my website for a list of shops that will be able to assist you.)

Tomorrow, I will return with all sorts of information about "Berries, Birds, and Blooms"....

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your latest release, Belinda! Love the design, love the colors, can't wait to get it in my hands!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete