Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Going to California...

Well, tomorrow is the big day...I make my first trip (ever) to California. I am heading to Elegant Stitch in Modesto, CA to teach a workshop...and I couldn't be more excited! I absolutely adore traveling to meet fellow needleworkers and spending time with each of them in class. I will be teaching "Harvest Huswif" to a sold-out group...this special autumn stitching case has fun-shaped wool pockets inside and a matching scissor fob. This project is stitched on Weeks Dye Works linen with Gloriana Silk Threads...the wool fabric is from Moda and WDW...and the gorgeous hand-dyed ribbons are also from Gloriana. Inside: the wool pumpkin is for needles and pins, the upper acorn will hold a thimble or needle threader, the left leaf holds scissors, and the right leaf holds a 3" ruler...plus you have the large stitched pocket across the bottom. I really enjoyed designing this piece and can't wait share it with the attendees! This project is currently exclusive to the Elegant Stitch Workshop and will not be available for consumer purchase for at least one year.


I am currently packing my bags and getting my camera ready - I plan to take lots of photos to share with you (Lois has been kind enough to let me stay a couple extra days and be my tour guide...she has no idea what she is in for)! I will not be taking my laptop on this trip, so my communication will definitely be limited - please be patient with my response time....also the monthly newsletter will be delayed until my return.

To those of you attending - I can't wait to see you - we are going to have a MARVELOUS time!

19 comments:

  1. Belinda, I am so excited for you! Have a safe and fabulous trip! The attendees are in for a treat -- you have created a simply awesome project for them!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun, I wish I could stitch this piece. Love the pumkin and acorn inside. Finish my chair and I love it.
    Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great class design. Enjoy everything about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great trip and give Lois a huge hug from me! :) She is wonderful, and I'm sure she will make your trip memorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love this design. Love the wool pockets!
    Hope you have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you safe travel and a wonderful trip. I'll be anticipating your trip report on your return.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Have a safe trip and a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful design. I am so sorry that I won't be at the workshop - that is just so lovely. Have a great trip and a successful workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great trip. Such fun and excitement awaits you I know. If you get a chance, drive some up and down Hwy 1 on the pacific coast. It is beautiful. I will never forget the trip I made. It certainly isn't Iowa, flat corn field Iowa.
    Just one Iowa girl to another. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun. This looks like a great projet to make.
    I'll be travelling to Tucson in 2 weeks. I'm so looking forward to that.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  11. very lovely design..have a safe and wonderful trip xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohhhh that is a lovely piece ... I shall have to wait patiently for it to be release *sigh ... enjoy your retreat and your mini hols and will squeak to you when you get back :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a really cute project! Have fun on the trip and please tell us all about it when you return. Be well and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It has all my favorite fall items! I am sure the ladies will enjoy stitching it. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so happy for you, love the project and teaching a workshop in beautiful CA, lots of beautiful people there. Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great project! Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What fun, what fun! Lovely project, too. Enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous project! I hope you enjoy the trip and travel safely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG I can't wait until this is available for sale! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete