Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Sign of Spring: UPDATE

A little update on the basket bird nest....
First of all, after seeing the mother bird in the nest and the father bird close by (and with a bunch help from my mother who is a bird aficionado), it has been determined that this nest belongs to a House Finch. When I posted on Wednesday, the bird nest had two tiny adorable eggs....Thursday morning, the nest had three eggs....Friday morning the nest had four eggs...and today, the nest had five eggs! Looks like my little bird family is growing...who knows, maybe tomorrow the nest will have six eggs....



















Unfortunately, there are no cross stitch or sewing project photos to show today...I have been busy getting all the materials and kits finished and shipped to New England for the retreat next week. I have also been doing some charting for new summer designs, a magazine sampler, and a class for 2011...I'm keeping busy, as usual...
Wishing you a joyous weekend filled with sunshine...

3 comments:

  1. That's so cool! I hope the bird family does well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the bird's nest with us! How fortunate you are to be able to witness this event!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Belinda!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to see a house finch's eggs and nest - thank you!

    ReplyDelete