Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

It was a beautiful Mother's Day here in Iowa - the sun is shining...and although it is a little cool (which I LOVE!), it was the perfect day for a barbecue. My mother-in-law and father-in-law joined us for a little cookout this afternoon...we had a lovely time. I thought I would share the mother's day gifts I put together this year.

For my mother, I made a new set of hot pads and a set of snap bags. I have posted about the hot pads before, but in case you missed it, the pattern/tutorial is FREE on YouCanMakeThis.com. ...and of course, I foofed the gifts!!
For my mother-in-law, I made an embroidered scented trivet...then I picked up a pie plate and server to go with it. The scented trivet was a class I took at a local quilt shop last year - a Martha Pullen "Gift of the Month" project - the class focused on Gimpwork and Machine Embroidery. The back side of the trivet has an opening where I put a cinnamon scented sachet...so when you place your hot pie (or anything out of the oven) on the trivet, it make your home smell even more wonderful.



Wishing each of you a very special and very relaxing Mother's Day (especially my mommy who I was unable to be with today)!

2 comments:

  1. You are so creative! I bet both moms were happy with their gifts! Happy Mother's Day (belated) to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your foofing! It just makes the gift that much more fun to open!

    ReplyDelete